Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do I run edits?

Go down 
+3
JamietheFlameUser
Sajin
Ehic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

How do I run edits? Empty
PostSubject: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 1:34 am

So I know how to get roms (.GBA files) to edit, and I have Visual Boy Advance. But My VBA won't play .GBA files only the compressed RAR version I download them in. anyone know what emulator I should use to play my modified Golden Sun Games?
Back to top Go down
Sajin
Magician
Magician
Sajin

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:25 am

Your VBA doesn't read .gba files? Okay that has to be one of weirdest things I've seen.
Did you try re-downloading VBA? If you did and didn't work neither, try using other gba emulator or try tweaking around with VBA's options (perhaps you unchecked some option accidentilly).
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 3:06 pm

It seems more likely to me that he checked some option accidentally, rather than having unchecked one accidentally.
Back to top Go down
Sajin
Magician
Magician
Sajin

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 3:36 pm

Actually I think the probability is pretty much the same...
Either way, we can't help him much more since he still hasn't answered.
Back to top Go down
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:55 pm

I redownloaded VBA, that didn't work. I messed around the with the settings, especially options gamboy, Still not working. I haven't found another emulator yet that works with golden sun consitently, has sound and a speed up button. Any ideas? I will mess aournd more with the options and try other roms.

What is wierd is that it can view and play RAR compressed roms I download, but not the uncompressed .GBA. I also tried compressing my edit emulator and coudn't even read that.

Edit:
I redownloaded again and messed with the option and works now only if I "open" instead of "open gameboy"
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:52 pm

You know, you can change the program the file extension .gba opens with to VBA to make your life a lot easier... o.o
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Oh, strange... Anyway, I myself never use "Open Gameboy", so if that is the opening option you perfer to use, then I have no idea how to help you, sorry.

I would take a look at Charon's post.
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:48 pm

"open gameboy" is a weird name for that option, I don't even know why they'd call it that, but yeah the standard "open" option is what you're supposed to use for .gba files.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:29 am

The only reason I used the open gamebay over open was because it was higher up in the file dropdown so I saw it first. I never new there was a difference till now.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 pm

I think it may refer to the save states that VBA produces when you go into the menu and select "Save".
Back to top Go down
redragon 309
New User
New User
redragon 309

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:48 pm

if your talking about running save states, you should select load... and select the sav state you had saved before...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I run edits?   How do I run edits? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I run edits?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun: The Lost Age Editor-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com