Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)

Go down 
+6
Charon the Ferryman
MaxiPower
JamietheFlameUser
Ehic
Sajin
Atrius
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:40 pm

Damn, you're good XD

Then what would explain it's functions working, but not its graphics, in WINE?
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:23 pm

DirectX incompatibilities, which unfortunately, I can't do much about.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:42 pm

DAYUM

I shall see if I can find something to fix that - for the time being, it's pretty much only Windows compatible, even with an emulator like WINE.

EDIT: WINE has its own wonky way of running Directx apparently, so we'll have to wait for future versions of WINE to come in :p
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:54 pm

I guess it's just another reason as to why PCs are vastly superior to macs. *shot by rabid mac fans*
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:34 am

Mac fans can be such jerks. Arrogant, stinking jerks.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:21 pm

That wasn't nice Charon.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Yeah... Not all Mac fans are jerks about it, just all of the people who we do not know!

*Gets blowtorched by unknown Mac fans*

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Well, a lot are (and I have to deal with them on a day to day basis), and its unfortunate to those who are not so rude about it.

Sorry Jamie XP I was never a fan of macs myself... but it really wasn't aimed at you...
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:31 pm

I find a lot of Windows people have a tendency to be completely clueless. Linux is better than Windows, and possibly better than Mac too, but I don't know, cause I haven't tried Linux.

So far, I only have experience with one Linux person (that would be you, Charon) and that one person seems fairly nice.

I like that the new forums don't log me out all the time. (Unlike what happens to Role.)

And the Mac's back button restores whatever you typed in! XD
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Let's get back on topic now - this is about Atrius's editor and its features, not operating systems.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Edit: I just saw Charon's post, and have removed mine (mainly because it was so tiny to be honest, I doubt that anyone could read it perfectly without changing the size).

Anyway, I will probably start a new topic or two in the discussions forum about Windows vs. Mac (from what I have heard, these two are no match for Linux), but we can add a 'vs. Linux' to the end of the title too.

Okay, for the Editor... OH COOL! NEW EMOTES! Take it away Sentinel...

New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 41848 Thank you Salanewt. Anyway, when can we expect script editing Atrius? I am sure that it will not be in version 0.3, or even 0.4, but only you can tell us for sure.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Star Magician is... ?
Back to top Go down
Drick
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Drick

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:06 pm

I'd like to add my opinion to the OS argument.

EVERYTHING SUCKS. Windows just happens to run all the programs I desire.

Good day.

Okay sala made a thread for that and i moved my statement.

Oh right, to stay on topic (moderatly), everything in the editor looks to be shaping up well, can't wait for graphics editing, no matter how long it takes.
Back to top Go down
http://drick96.deviantart.com/
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Salanewt wrote:
Anyway, when can we expect script editing Atrius? I am sure that it will not be in version 0.3, or even 0.4, but only you can tell us for sure.
Not even I can. It's gonna be a while though, I can tell you it'll be one of the most complex features of the editor to program, even after the entire thing is finished.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:08 pm

I would assume. It requires a simplified version of ASM in order to work.

But the possibilities are limitless...

Anyhow, any idea on a release date for V.03?
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Simplified for the user perhaps, but that simplification complexifies things for me.

No release date yet, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:16 pm

I can imagine it would be difficult... you would have to transfer ASM routines into an understandable set of commands, but the same basic ASM commands can build very different routines, which means you'd need to discover all sorts of different "ASM routine tests" just to make sure it works... and then... it could also be that similar events that seem to have similar routines work quite differently... and all sorts of other jargon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)   New Feature Preview Topic  (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Feature Preview Topic (Happy Anniversary GS TLA Editor!)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2