Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hard Mode a let down

Go down 
+4
Charon the Ferryman
JamietheFlameUser
Zach
Ehic
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

Hard Mode a let down Empty
PostSubject: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:21 pm

So I just started hard mode recently, and I'm disappointed. I know that it raises the attack and HP of enemies but the only difference I notice is longer boss battles?

After I clear this I will definately try Zach's patch.

Your opinions on Hard mode?
Back to top Go down
Zach
Magician
Magician
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Not hard enough, but it's fun when you do challenges like "Solos", "Nekkid", etc.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:26 pm

"Solos"?
Back to top Go down
Zach
Magician
Magician
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:36 pm

I'm sorry, what i meant to say was you could do a Solo with any character multiple times (which is why I said Solos). Sorry if I confused any of you guys XD
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:41 pm

What do you mean by a Solo? Having only 1 character attack, and the rest use the Defend command?
Back to top Go down
Zach
Magician
Magician
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:42 pm

A solo is when you complete the game by using only 1 character (you have to kill off the other party members for it to be legit)
Back to top Go down
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Whats a nekkid game? Original or no equipment?
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:52 pm

nekkid is no equipment.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:33 pm

I can imagine that Zach's hard mode is very difficult XD

You can play it without certain normal procedures, such as not using money, playing without equipment/djinn, or hacking it to receive little or no EXP.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 pm

There's also the Inepts challenge. I've posted it several times. Only mandatory djinn are allowed to be obtained, and they MUST be on standby at all times. NO psynergy, summons, or artifact equipment is allowed unless its mandatory for a battle (such as trident vs Poseidon), after which the artifact equipment MUST be removed. Only puzzle solving psynergy may be used, and only when mandatory (no optional stuff allowed).

You are restricted to using generic, common equipment due to gameplay reasons (no unleashes allowed), your only healing can be from items, your only means of elemental damage from the attack items like Bramble Seed and the like. NO, you cannot even use artifact armor, nor can you heal with psynergy outside of battle.

You're NOT an adept. That's the point of the challenge. You're only permitted to use field psynergy when you cannot progress without it, meaning if it's an optional dungeon and you need psynergy to get past a certain part, you can't get past it.

Attack, Defend, and Item are the only commands you can use, and attacking isn't broken due to the no-artifact equipment rule. Artifact items, such as Potions, are okay, so long as they're single-use only type items. Finally, your goal is to beat the game with as low of a level as possible. Though it's not a low level challenge, anyone can just level up until it's no longer a challenge anymore, so that defeats the point of this being a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Zach
Magician
Magician
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:59 pm

oh yeah, don't know how I forgot about that challenge XD
Back to top Go down
Sajin
Magician
Magician
Sajin

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:52 am

Yes, Hard mode wasn't as hard as the name emplies.
I tried finishing hard mode without using any psynergy.It was indeed a challenge,but the problem is that the game loses it's charm without psynergy.
Also, Inept challenge?Looks interesting. I haven't played TLA for some time, maybe I'll try that challenge.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:35 am

A no-psynergy run is easy as hell. Remember how the attack command is broken? That means that you're not going to be using a command you weren't going to use in the first place - this is ESPECIALLY true late game.
Back to top Go down
Sajin
Magician
Magician
Sajin

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:23 am

Ops, I meant a no psynergy AND no artifacts challenge. The attack comand isn't that broken whithout (bad spelled?) unleashes.
Back to top Go down
squizzy44
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
squizzy44

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 am

zach's patch was too hard, i died on the first enemy :(
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Well, I would have survived if Purple Felix did not "spill over" into the third scripted battle after Venus Lighthouse.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Zach
Magician
Magician
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:04 pm

squizzy44 wrote:
zach's patch was too hard, i died on the first enemy :(
i explained how to get past the first 4 enemies in the description. Use the 4 oil drops I gave you <.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard Mode a let down   Hard Mode a let down Empty

Back to top Go down

Hard Mode a let down
Page 1 of 1