Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!

Go down 
+3
Atrius
Salanewt
Role
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Empty
PostSubject: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Why? BECAUSE I CAN! HAHAHAHA *is shot*

Ahem.

Anywho, here's the equipment/items I've done so far...

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! GalvornAlloyB Galvorn Alloy (Original: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! GalvornAlloy)
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CavernStone Cavern Stone
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Grenade Grenade
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! ThunderStone Thunder Stone
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! WaterBead Water Bead
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Murakumo Murakamo
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Kusanagi Kusanagi
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! FuujinSword Fuujin Sword
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! FuujinArmor Fuujin Armor
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! FuujinHelm Fuujin Hem
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! VenusRing Venus Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! MarsRing Mars Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! JupiterRing Jupiter Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! MercuryRing Mercury Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! SolRing Sol Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! LunaRing Luna Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! AwakeningRing Awakening Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! WarriorRing Warrior Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! ThiefRing Thief Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! ShieldRing Shield Ring
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CardARole's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CardBRole's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CardCRole's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CardD Mysterious Card Edits
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Challenge Hunt Psynergy
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Normalize Normalize Psynergy
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! AirCrash Air Crash
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CometHail Comet Hail
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Gust Gust
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Gale Gale
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! GrandGale Grand Gale
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Gush Gush
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Spout Spout
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Geyser Geyser
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Taint Taint
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Poison Poison
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Sap Sap
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Siphon Siphon
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Infect Infect
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Disease Disease
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! BuffBatch New Buff Psynergies
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! HealingBatch All Healing Psynergies
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Watermelon Watermelon Key Item

Still working on others, as I really just started. If you have any ideas, I'll see if I can pull it off. So far, I've been taking other items and then getting inspiration from them. For example, as Galvorn is a black-ish metal comparable to Mithril in Tolkien lore, I used Mythril Alloy as the base. For the Murakamo, I used the Cloud Brand. The Kusanagi, being a renamed (or in gameplay mechanics, empowered/awakened) Murakamo, I added a bit that flair that the Sol Blade has on its blade. For the Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Mercury rings, I used the elemental stars and the Healing Ring as a base. For the Sol Ring, I used the Aroma and Healing rings as a base, and for the Luna Ring I used the Luna Shield and the Soul Ring as a base.

If there's another post, I'll probably post new icons in the reply. If not, I'll just edit them into my most recent post in the thread. If you have any ideas, feel free to suggest them, and I'll see if I can pull it off. No guarantees, though...

Other icons not described in this post were introduced AFTER this post, as such, go to the appropriate post for info regarding that icon.

By the way, since they use transparency, it's easier to view them on a darker background.

Edit: Y'all are free to join in with your own sprites if you wish. You can find the list of GS sprites and their palette here.

A word of advice: It's easy to do even in MS Paint, just make sure you open several windows of MS Paint so as to be able to have more to work with. I recommend this: The Iconsets open in one window for easy of copy-paste, your workbench in a second window, where you work with and edit your icons, and a third window that is ONLY 16x16 pixels big, where you put your final product. If you're making a batch, save each individual icon separately, then compile them all one next to another. REMEMBER TO SAVE AS A .PNG FILE! If you want a transparent background, open the finished sprite in Paint.NET (if you don't have it, it's free, so get it!). Use the magic wand tool to select the background and then hit 'delete'. This will render it transparent! Save, upload, and post your treasures!

Last edited by Role on Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:24 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:41 pm

Hm... I think I have an idea for an item...

However, I do not currently have an icon for it yet, but it is a watermelon.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 pm

Huh, weird... all the pics are the same size, 16x16 pixels, and yet... for some reason, the two Light Blades seem a bit off compared to the others, as far as the text... O.o

Edit: Ah, fixed it. Forgot to re-upload the pics. Done.
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:18 pm

If you're interested in keeping them GS compatible, actual icons are limited to a 16 color palette:

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Palette
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:19 pm

This will be useful - I was thinking about doing some myself.

These are great sprites, Role. You'll probably want to convert the pallates however XD

Does that pallate apply to Psynergies as well? o.o
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:43 pm

I actually have only used colors that were already included, knowing something like that was the case, so they all still work just fine. This is part of the reason for things being based on old icons.

So yeah, no need to convert something to a palette it already uses! XD

Though, I may need to double check Galvorn Alloy... dunno if I was going by that when I made that.

Edit: Yup, had to edit galvorn alloy. Thanks for the heads up, Atrius!

Here's the comparison of the old one to the color-corrected one:

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! GalvornAlloy Original
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! GalvornAlloyB New

Last edited by Role on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:49 pm

The Galvorn Alloy was the main reason I brought it up.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Kind of wish I could use the old one, though. After editing the colors a bit, I'm not quite happy with it, but I'll be fiddling with it some more later on. I'll post any new versions I make of it later. By the way, is there any way you know of to expand the palette?

Edit: Got more made:

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Challenge Hunt Psynergy (temporarily increases encoutners)
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Normalize Normalize (Basically Break, but on all allies - to counter lowered stats)

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! FuujinSword Fuujin Sword
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! FuujinArmor Fuujin Armor
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! FuujinHelm Fuujin Helm
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! FuujinShield Fuujin Shield

Hunt is basically a palette swapped avoid. Same with Normalize and Break.

Fuujin Sword was based on the Ragnarok Psynergy icon. Fuujin armor is an altered Valkyrie Mail. Fuujin Helm is the combination of an altered Minerva Helm and Divine Camisole. I didn't make the shield (it was already a part of GS data), but included it to complete the set. :3

Edit:

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! HealingBatch
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! BuffBatch

A batch containing all the healing sprites. Ply, Wish, Cure, and Cool are included, sure, but the new ones - Heal (multi earth), Calm (Single Wind), Breath (Multi Wind), and Warm (single fire) are there, too.

Next is a batch with a bunch of buffs. There's buffs for Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Mercury, Agility, and Luck. Will be working on debuffs soon. The Buffs all have the same up arrow designs as all the other buffs. The elemental power comes from the elemental stars, duh. Agility is a modified combo of Slash and Cutting Edge. Luck gets its symbol from a modified Astral Blast.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! AwakeningRing Awakening Ring (Criticals +10)

Ah, the Awakening ring. I knew I wanted to make a design like this, but I'm surprised how well it actually turned out. I used the Soul and Healing rings as a base. Basically, I took the Soul ring, rotated the "Soul" part of it 45 degrees, Copied and joined it with three more, rotated 90 degrees each so as to get a nice little radial design. One obviously too big for a ring. So I shrank it to 60%, I think, cleaned it up a bit, attached it to the healing ring's base, and BAM! The Awakening Ring was done.

And, for Salanewt, a watermelon: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Watermelon

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! WarriorRing Warrior Ring (+10 Max HP, +5 Attack)
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! ThiefRing Thief Ring (+10 Max HP, +5 Agility)
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! ShieldRing Shield Ring (+10 Max HP, +5 Defense)

These are going to replace the lucky slot rings in my GSDG. They're simple: Guardian Ring's Base recolored to be silvery rather than goldish. I used a 60% size Mars star for the Warrior Ring's jewel, Mercury Star for the Shield Ring, and the green jewel part of the Small Jewel for the Thief ring.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Sweet, thanks for the Watermelon Role! I like it...

As for the Galvorn Alloy, I can see why you like the original.

Anyway, I think it is about time for me to contribute an item icon or two.

I think we need some that are not have an element attribute.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Golden10

Okay, I based the "Medical" Healing psynergies based on the Mars and new Jupiter ones. Also, to add to the Watermelon (which I suppose we can alter if we want (at first it is a Key item, but then you can buy them is what I am planning for my hack, but I like the idea of it being a key item)), I have the Fire and Ice watermelons from Yoshi's Island and a Wind Watermelon to add the last watermelon to the elemental ones (sort of, I suppose the normal one could go to Earth).

I also have Red and Green grapes, and a Banana.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Okay, here is an enlarged image. When I copied the other images over to Paint, they must have shrunk somehow, so...

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Golden11
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Right click and save...
Then edit your images and save...
Then move to Paint.NET, use the magic wand, select the background, press delete/backspace, save, and presto! You have a .png with a transparent background.

Also: Remember that the first color in the palette is "transparent".
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:01 pm

I think I will remember, thank you. I normally use Photo Psuite, but I have no idea why I used Paint this time. I only like it when collecting a massive file of sprites, but I doubt that I will be doing that this time. Anyway, I will try Photo Psuite first.

Have a nice day.

Here is the image.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Golden10

Edit: Thanks for the link Role.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Nice! So, ha's a Watermelon, Ice Watermelon, Fire Watermelon and...? Thunder Watermelon, I guess? It uses the Jupiter colors, so...

Nice work with the banana, too! However, I'm curious as to what they do... I look forward to your use of them in the GSDG items and/or equipment thread!
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks! I will give you a hint for the Banana... It works as an equipment item, but also as a single use item... I will make a post soon using both templates.

I am also still thinking about the grapes as well, but... My best guess might be a mist potion relative.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:31 pm

Hello there. I have just extended my icon list a bit. I will include all of the icons that I had in my last image as well.

The Apple (red), Douse series and Plasma Series are original icons from the game. The water psynergy icon beside the douse series is an extended psynergy icon that was cut off before (modified version of the one with the red "gem" beside it). I also have some Plasma icons combined with some Douse icons.

I now have the Master Sword, Yoshi Mask (yay!), Red Potion, Green Potion, Blue Potion (these three potions and sword are from Zelda), and a Love potion. I have also continued with the food section. There is mostly fruit, but there is now a Drumstick!

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Golden11

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:37 pm

That's a really blue blade, though it could just be this forum's background messing with my eyes. Good job on it, though, you nailed the hilt.

Also, NICE job with the cherry!
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Thanks. For the cherries, I shrunk the Bramble Seeds. It is probably not your eyes, that sword is blue, but I am sort of basing it on the glow from Twilight Princess, and sort of the fact that they make the hilt look more navy than blue. The Master Sword is based on the same blade from each game though. Anyway, thanks for the compliments. I think I spent the most time on the sword actually.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Oh, I forgot that I can delete posts myself... Silly me.

Anyway, here are some new icons (not many, but there are some Zelda based ones).

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Golden12
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:17 am

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CardARole's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CardBRole's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CardCRole's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CardD

Modifications of the Mysterious Card. To be honest, I'm not really satisfied with ANY of them, but hey, not like you can make an epic masterpiece in a 16x16 pic.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Gust Gust
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Gale Gale
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! GrandGale Grand Gale

...I kind of like this set. Its a sideways Whirlwind mixed with a the beam psynergy.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Gush Gush
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Spout Spout
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Geyser Geyser

Gush is a mix of drench and volcano. Spout is a mix of deluge and eruption. Geyser is mix of plume edge, deluge, and pryoclasm.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CavernStone Cavern Stone (use for Clay Spire)
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Grenade Grenade (use for Carpet Bomb)
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! ThunderStone Thunder Stone (use for Shine Plasma)
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! WaterBead Water Bead (use for Deluge)

Cavern Stone is a mix of the grind stone and a resized unused icon. Grenade is a recolored smoke bomb, yawn. Thunder Stone is a resized Jupiter Star set inside the thunder mine icon. Water bead is a shiny blue coin! XD

I must say, I LOVE how the thunder stone turned out!

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Taint Taint
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Poison Poison

Taint and Poison actually already exist in the games code. I just made icons for them. Used a skull and the mist psynergy.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Sap Sap
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Siphon Siphon

Sap and Siphon are like poison and venom, but affect PP instead of HP. Combo of Mist and Sleep icons.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Infect Infect
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Disease Disease

Inflicts Disease and Plague, which act like poison, but to BOTH HP and PP. First used Mind Read and Thorny Grave, second used Mind Read and Condemn.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! AirCrash Air Crash
Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! CometHail Comet Hail

Made these for fun, didn't really try hard on them, so they're not all that good. Air Crash is Combo of Atalanta and Ragnarok. Comet Hail is a combo of Boreas and Ragnarok. Nothing really special, I guess it could be used for an EPA.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 5:33 pm

Okay, I think it is time for me to update again. I only have one more Zelda item to include this time. I also have one or two Mario related items, as well as "The Hidden Stars" to go with the normal ones, and a few more psynergy icons.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Golden13
As you can probably see, I have some space in the image between these words and the actual icons. Also, that is a third version of the Dragon shield underneath the Candle. There are three more books this time. One is supposdly "Fire" based, the other "Water" based. However, the third one is the Book of Mudora from Link to the Past!

Actually, I only have four psynergy icons this time. I have a a bluish "Aura Revive", which might be interesting. I also have one that goes to the Master Sword, I have one that summons a golden Bird to attack (more like an actual summon, but uses psynergy). Last but not least of the psynergy icons, I have a cure for Curses! This psynergy should be capable of removing cursed items for you.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:57 pm

What are your thunder and water psynergy icons? Are they any different?
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:00 pm

The first three Plasma and the first two Douse psynergy icons are already in the game. I put them there so they can be compared to the upgraded/combines versions. I did this with the Apple and the elemental Stars too.

I might upload more icons soon.

I am actually surprised at how well the dresses turned out.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Here's an idea... see my first post? Separate all your sprites and then do what I did there - update it with all your current sprites and include the name for each of the sprites.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Okay, I like that Idea. Anyway, I will work on that very shortly.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 pm

Hmm... I need some ideas. I spent all day yesterday blowing this off and playing Disgaea 3 instead, so... the question is what to make now. Unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank.
Back to top Go down
charleysdrpepper
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
charleysdrpepper

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Well, you can try googling just anythng and filter it down so it searches only icons and customizing those.

Edit: Should you also filter it down to clipart may be your choice.

But here are some general ideas, but you probably won't like them:

-household items
-gardening equipment
-school supplies
-clothing (wigs, shirts, etc.)
-drinks/food (like that chicken leg Salanewt made for example)
-etc.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Well, I will not be making any more icons until tomorrow. However, this will give me enough time to think of what else to make.

I am starting to think of a ball and chain, or a flail type of weapon.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! Empty

Back to top Go down

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next