Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!

Go down 
+3
Atrius
Salanewt
Role
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:05 pm

charleysdrpepper wrote:
Well, you can try googling just anythng and filter it down so it searches only icons and customizing those.

Edit: Should you also filter it down to clipart may be your choice.

But here are some general ideas, but you probably won't like them:

-household items
-gardening equipment
-school supplies
-clothing (wigs, shirts, etc.)
-drinks/food (like that chicken leg Salanewt made for example)
-etc.
Actually, that was me asking if anyone had any requests... C>
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:16 pm

lulz

Anywho, maybe an icon for the item Ruin Shard that I created would be good? It would probably end up being something along the lines of a brown Cyclone Chip.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:52 pm

Hm... I suppose I could make one sometime. However, it will probably be a little while, considering my computer restarted on me yet again while I was away. I still (should) have all of the icons that I made before I left, but I do not want to have to find it again tonight.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Overlord Kain
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Overlord Kain

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Hey there, the name's Kain. Well, someone somehow got me into spriting and...well here's the end result.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 Image1

Mind you, this is the very first sprite I've EVER made.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:51 pm

Wow... that's really... basic. Like, 8-bit basic. Try using the Necronomicon's sprite as a basis to edit next time. It's much easier to take a pre-existing sprite and change it into something else than it is to just poof one out of thin air, so I suggest starting with sprite EDITING, rather than sprite CREATING. I have instructions in the first post, as well as a link to the sprites you'll need for editing. Also, don't forget to render the background transparent. I suggest using Paint.net for that.
Back to top Go down
Overlord Kain
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Overlord Kain

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Okay, here's my attempt with an already existing image.

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 Gungnir Gungnir

I took the Venin Lance from Fire Emblem and recolored it. I tried to rotate it, but the blade and head no longer matched up and it looked wrong, so I left it as is.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Looks good. However, I would add a few lighter pixels near the left side of the sprite, and fewer darker ones on the handle.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:59 pm

...that doesn't look like the GS palette, though. If you don't match it up, we wouldn't be able to insert it D:

It's good though, albeit... different... and smaller... o.o
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:43 pm

I can't seriously recommend using sprites from other games. Rather than using an FE sprite as the base, it's probably safer to use a GS sprite. Also, remember the 16 color limit and palette restriction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!   Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Role's Golden Sun Icon Sprites!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2