Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jupiter Adepts!

Go down 
+2
Salanewt
JamietheFlameUser
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Put your Jupiter Adept character ideas here! Then you'll get to vote for your 2 favourites to be put in the Community Hack!

I don't currently have any ideas though. I'll be back later with some!

Remember to list the Base Class and Character Build, and post the Base Class in the Class Ideas topic!

Character limit is 11. (5, except for the auto-patch that changes it to 11.)

Perhaps it would also be a good idea to note any Utility Psynergies your character gets.

Last edited by JamietheFlameUser on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Okay, I have an idea... By the way, NPCs are allowed too, right?

Anyway, here is a non-NPC character.

Name: Samantha
Build: Mage
Base Class: Traveller - Mapper - Explorer - Seer - Duchess

Description: Has a white afro with a very slight purple tint. She is shorter, wears white robes and a necklace with her name on it (is basically a collar, but made of real gold chains with lapis lazuli paint etched into the pendent to read her name). As a dog, she was 8 years old, but the transformation spell has aged her to 16 years.

History: Samantha has been raised as a dog since she was born as a puppy. She (a Bichon Frise) was the favourite pet of the rich Lord Hammeth (descendent of Lord Hammet). However, when he died, there was nobody to take care of her (since Lord Hammeth was a widower, and his son left to bring wealth to Contigo), so she was forced to live on the streets. One day however, some unknown adept (feeling sorry for the street-Bichon, which would for sure be dog-napped (becuase it is an uncommon species of dog)), transformed her into a human.

AT LAST! Her life-long wishes of being a human were realised! She wanted so badly to thank the person who transformed her into a human, but she could not find him. Shortly afterwards, she noticed that she could also use a similar type of power that this mysterious person used. She also noticed that she could control and conjure storms. With this power, she set out to find and personally thank the mysterious adept who granted her the priviledge of being human (but not until breaking into her old master's home to steal some clothes).

Edit: If Samantha is too long, then Sam/Sammy can be used.

Have a nice day.

I am more likely to post possible sprites for these characters than sketches, but this is mainly because my scanner/printer does not work well.

Last edited by Salanewt on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:47 pm

I might let you post NPCs, but this is really for player characters.

I could make a different topic for NPC ideas maybe?
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:02 pm

Oh yes, I like that idea. Please do it. By the way, I have already posted an NPC, but only because they are related ot the Mars Adept that I posted.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:07 pm

At the moment, playable characters are of top priority, so try making some of them first. Of course, this doesn't mean we'll reject Sam for an NPC :3

Playable character

Name: Mica
Build: Mage (Ivan kind with certain differences)
Base Class: Fledgling - Skylark - Falcon - Eagle - Roc
Appearance: A hominoid Secretary Bird with a violet jewel on her head called the "Whirlwind Stone". She looks like an adult human with several bird like features, including feather-like fingers, a beak, talons for feet (making her unable to equip shoes). She wears toga-like clothing that's very loose, rather typical for a mage. I have a picture but it is yet to be scanned and uploaded.
Equipment:
Weapons: Staves, Short Swords, Ankhs, Scythes
Armour: Leather-like garb, shirts, helmets, hats, rings, female garb
Basic Statisticts:
Jupiter Adepts! 112791 Level - 2
Jupiter Adepts! 581748 Level - 1
Jupiter Adepts! 131522 Level - 3
Jupiter Adepts! 893347 Level - 54

HP: Starts at about 49 at level 1, grows in a linear function shape, reaching about 510.
PP: Starts at about 45 at level 1, grows in a widened parabola shape, reaching about 350.
Attack: Starts at about 25 at level 1, grows in a root-function like shape, reaching about 410.
Defense: Starts at about 9 at level 1, grows in a linear function like shape, reaching about 78.
Agility: Starts at about 14 at level 1, grows in a linear function like shape, reaching about 405.
Luck: Starts at 3, stays at 3 in a horizontal line.
Starting Items: Herb, Shaman's Rod (if renamed, whatever Shaman's rod becomes), Whirlwind Stone, Travel Vest, Wooden Stick

History: Despite her appearance, she was born a human being. The people of her village of Contigo have been searching for a Jupiter Adept, and due to exposure to the deep insides of Jupiter Lighthouse, she gained a light ability over the wind. Thus, she became the candidate for a sacred ritual - the Affixion of the Whirlwind Stone.

The stone had killed all those without some psynergetic abilities upon affixion, but the Contigoians decided to affix it to her head anyhow, due to her minor abilities to control whirlwinds. With that, they proceed.

It seems relatively uneventful, and she doesn't die, which makes everyone assume everything's alright with her - however, this is simply not the case. Even though she can use a weakened version of Whirlwind, she is not a true Adept, and thus, her body begins to change to cope with this newfound power flowing through her body.

The next morning, to her horror, she discovers her body completely covered in feathers, complete with a beak and talons. Unable to speak, she flees the village and encounters some Proxians soon after. They teach her how to talk again and allow her to accompany them on their travels... but in reality, they only want her for the stone affixed to her head.

It turns out that the stone has something to do with the lost race of the Anemos, and it's essential for reaching the moon and confronting them. [in this story, the Anemos are pulling the strings. Alex is one of the Anemos]. The Proxians are eager to defeat them, because the lighting of the lighthouses did not save their village but rather transfered even more alchemic power to the Anemos, and they were spread throughout the world.

10 years pass.

They investigate the lighthouses together to extinguish them, to at least cut off the infinite supply of alchemy to the Anemos to make them possible to defeat. In this process they end up destroying Venus lighthouse, and the last two Proxians perish with it. Mica barely survives, but thanks the main Venus adept for her survival.

She, at the beginning, believes that he's only a young man with a wayward heart, who only helps her because he likes her. She discovers his deep, genuine kindness however and eventually fully befriends him.

Location: She meets with the main Venus character early in the game at Venus Lighthouse, as she is doing archeology work.

Last edited by Charon the Ferryman on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Sam isn't an NPC.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Oh sorry, I never commented on your character. I like that idea, about the character becoming a bird. As for the NPC misconception, I was talking about the one that I added in the Mars Adept section (I only put an NPC there because it is related to my character idea, but it can be moved).
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Name: Kari
Height: 6' 1"
Element: Jupiter
Class: Officer --> Lieutenant --> Major --> Colonel --> General
Build: Warrior (Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Spears, Long Swords, Light Blades, Scythes)
Signature Weapon: Long Sword
Initial Equip: Training Sword
Personality: Honorable and Duty-bound. As the Fuujin Knight of Melbis, she represents her kingdom and her people.
Physique: Well built, but not exactly muscular. More like Isaac than Garet, both in physique and outfit. Alternatively - end game outfit would be her armor as the Fuujin Knight. It'd be a kind of medium armor-ish in nature.

One of the Knights of Three Gods, the three Top Generals of the Maris army, representing Fuujin, god of Wind. After the destruction of her home, and death of the Suijin and Raijin Knights by the hand of The Betrayer, she swore vengeance against him. After helping to bury the fallen of her city, she meets Eric, who had been pursuing The Betrayer for a similar reason. As she continues her pursuit, she begins to realize that much more is at stake than petty revenge, and shifts her focus from avenging her home to fighting on behalf of all peoples. She sees it as her duty as the last of the Knights of Three Gods, and as her quest progresses, it becomes to feel more and more personal to her.

Name: Freya
Height: 5' 11"
Class: Fighter -> Viking -> Battle Maiden -> Thunder Maiden -> Valkyrie
Build: Fighter (Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Axes, Long Swords, Light Blades, Hammers/Maces)
Signature Weapon: Hammer
Initial Equip: Viking Hammer
Personality: Proud and Outgoing. Freya values strength in many forms, beit strength of physique or strength of psynergy. She takes great pride in her skills as a warrior.
Physique: Strong but not robust or overly muscular. She typically wears armor built more for mobility than for pure defense, but it's armor none the less. Said armor is reminiscent of vikings, but is less cumbersome.

A proud warrior of northern tribes, she joins up with Sai early on. She travels at first to find a Hover Jade, so that her ship may fly and actually make use of its wings, but before long she and Sai find themselves wrapped up in something much larger than petty item fetching quests. With her pride as a warrior driving her forward, she seeks to stop power hungry whom are abusing alchemy, and the Betrayer of legend from his rampage.
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:54 pm

Name: Nathan
Height: 5' 9"
Class: Pickpocket -> Thief -> Bandit -> Brigand -> Marauder
Build: Fighter (Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Axes, Long Swords, Light Blades, Hammers/Maces)
Signature Weapon: Light blade
Initial Equip: Bandit's Sword
Personality: Although he attempts to give off the image of a gruff guy who steals for the fun of it, he's really a kind person.
Physique: Agile, but also muscular. Although he prefers to avoid it, he's no push over in combat.

He is a thief by trade, and often brags about that fact. In reality he didn't become a thief out of greed, but necessity. He enjoys toying with people's minds when he gets the chance, doing things like telling conflicting stories about his past just to confuse people. Although he pretends not to care about other people, he is in fact a very caring person when it comes down to it. He mostly does whatever seems like the most interesting course of action at the time, although if he ever gets anyone else in danger through his actions (Or even just sees someone in danger) protecting them comes first so long as they don't know it.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Oh, I really like Nathan's class setup. Even though Thieves in RPGs are common, I really like how you set it up.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Oh yeah, I should probably add more detail to Sam then, shouldn't I?

I will edit this post when I have finished adding more detail to Samantha. I will also post the sprites when I get a chance (they are pretty basic sprites).

Have a nice day.

Cool, I like some of these character ideas.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:58 pm

Jupiter Adepts! Untitl10

Well, got off my dead butt and scanned Mica's first conceptual art.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:07 pm

Looking good Charon. Perhaps I should try to make something for Samantha soon. I might even make a drawing on the computer, since I do not yet feel like making sprites.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 pm

Whoa... that's waaaay off from what I had in mind. I had a more... well, human-y shape in my head...
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:27 pm

I had a more human-y shape in mind as well.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Well, initially I did as well, but now that I have seen that... I imagine that I would have added more grey if I had thought of the bird shape before seeing the sketch.

As for when you mentioned that she transformed into a bird, I thought you meant like a Finch or something, lol. This still looks pretty good though.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Want me to give her a bit of a redesign? I don't mind. Also, not just for this thread but for all adept threads, you guys should post your idea of what they'll look like ^-^
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 1:52 pm

Hm... I suppose we could work on something like that, though I still want to work on the possible sprites/sketches for Samantha.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:06 pm

Well, she is supposedly a human, not a lycan, right? That's a great design for a lycan, but I figured that a human with animal traits would be more of a Moe Anthropomorphism than a Furry...
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:09 pm

D:

SHE IS NOT A FURRY D:<<<

Well, don't you think that a transmutation would do more than a few feathers? A Moe like character is rather lacking for something that causes her to look at herself in horror...
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:42 am

Hehehe... I will let you two work on it.

Perhaps I could give my main Jupiter Adept a Goatee? I know that she is a female, but... Nah, I will just stick with the Afro.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:15 pm

Charon the Ferryman wrote:
D:

SHE IS NOT A FURRY D:<<<

Well, don't you think that a transmutation would do more than a few feathers? A Moe like character is rather lacking for something that causes her to look at herself in horror...
I said it'd be closer to that than it would be a full out furry. That doesn't mean that she'd be a moe anthropomorphism in the purest sense - it just means that she looks more human that she does lycan. That pic looked pure-lycan to me...
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Really? Her anatomy is completely human - it's simply the stuff on top (and her leg size) that are really different. I'm really kind of iffy on making her more human (besides the fact that I oppose Moe in general) because the line between "lycan" and "person with feathers" is surprisingly thin...

I'll see what I can do, but she did have a stunning transformation (similar to being a lycan except it was a one-off deal) so I doubt her design will change much.

Thing is, she's not intended to be more human or animal, but more in between... beh I sound like a furry-tard. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:22 am

Well, it may not be 'moe' per se, but that's the example I was using...

Basically, I had something more like Horo the Fox (from Spice and Wolf) in mind as opposed to Fox McCloud (from Star Fox). Fox McCloud to me is lycan, Horo is more human.

Basically, if they're human with animal traits, they should look more human than animal. If they're lycans, they should look more animal than human (when in the were-animal form). At least, that's how I see it.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:37 pm

*searches Horo* Okay. I can see that working with a fox or a cat, but how the hell is that going to work with a bird XP

Actually, thinking about it, she's more like a Lycan anyhow, just that it's a one off thing in her transformation. She's not a full out were-animal because her form doesn't change depending on her surroundings, but she's also far less human in appearance. She's like Maha in a sort of way, except she needs to learn reveal XD
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:18 pm

...How will it work with a bird? Ever hear of angels? I'm sure there's also a race in Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker that qualifies to a degree...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jupiter Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! Empty

Back to top Go down

Jupiter Adepts!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next