Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ideas for Shoutouts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Ideas for Shoutouts Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Shoutouts   Ideas for Shoutouts EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:25 pm

What is a shoutout? This is a reference to another game or show that someone will get ONLY if they've played that game/seen the show. It's not a blatant cameo, but it's one of those things that, if they're paying attention, people get a kick out of.

For example...

In one building, there may be a penguin doll, using one of the penguin sprites from GS2. When you check it, it says:

"A stuffed penguin doll."

However, the FIRST TIME you check it, it also says:

"Hmm? What's this?!"
"Hero found a Grenade!"

They find an explosive item inside the penguin... anyone who's paying attention will catch the Disgaea reference to Prinnies - the exploding penguins of doom.

Another example:

A guard talking about something they need for an upcoming battle:

"It's hopeless... unless we can find those 108 more recruits, we may be in for some serious trouble..."

Which would be a shout out to Genso Suikoden's 108 stars of destiny.

It shouldn't be too obvious, and it should be something that they find when they go around talking/examining things - meaning, it doesn't appear in the main story. They need to be subtle.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Shoutouts   Ideas for Shoutouts EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 pm

Hm... I have an idea for a very minor one, as well as what game/game series it is from.

You use Mind Read on this one cow... (calm, but happy music is needed for this area)

Cow: "Ah... I love my new home. It reminds me of the pastures that I come from, which can allow me to produce milk. Here you go."

This can be done whenever Mind Read is used, and you get milk (can probably be made to restore stats by a small amount).

Reference: Ocarina of Time; Epona's Song on a cow. This makes the cow speak English all of a sudden, and it will fill an empty bottle with milk.

Of course, we can't do this with every cow, but not everyone should pick up the hint, especially if they do not play Zelda, or if they are not big time Zelda fans.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Shoutouts   Ideas for Shoutouts EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:53 pm

I think that there should be scripts located on cabinets in which you can find stuff.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Shoutouts   Ideas for Shoutouts EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:00 pm

I agree with this. In fact, now that you mention it... I suddenly remembered a comment I made a while ago about being able to mind-read chairs... I wonder if we can do something like this, but for plants instead?

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Shoutouts   Ideas for Shoutouts EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:02 am

I already have a shout-out. It's in the music section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Shoutouts   Ideas for Shoutouts Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Shoutouts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun Hacking :: Golden Sun Hacking Community: Community Hack-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com