Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals and Animal Rights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Animals and Animal Rights Empty
PostSubject: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Here we go! Why not post what you think about Animals rights (whether it be about pets, farms, hunting, or anything else).

Okay, I like pets. I have a Betta Fish right now. I used to have a Bearded Dragon, but I wanted to keep my dog, named Samantha, so I gave him up. However, I couldn't keep Sammy anyway, so I lost both pets (Wah!). Unfortunately, I can not see either of them again. Sammy died near my mom's birthday (almost 9 years old, and she was starting to have problems (she was the runt of the litter, and always looked like an overgrown puppy/mini-poodle)), and I gave my lizard back to the store.

Oh yeah, this is my second fish, Yoshi 2 (but I just call him Yoshi). My Bearded Dragon was also named Yoshi, and if I get another pet... Probably to be named Yoshi again.

Anyway, I myself have a bow and arrows (some target arrows, some hunting arrows), but I doubt that I could kill any animal, even if my life depended on it. It is not that I am against it, it is just that I love them so much. However, I also love meat, so...

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Animals have the right to be digested in my stomach, worn on my back, tested on with various drugs and devices, and to be kicked if they get in my way.

UNLESS THEY'RE A PET. Pets are family, and you don't mess with someone's family. Eating a stray dog is one thing, but you don't kill and eat someone's pet dog. That's like killing and eating a little sister. You just DON'T DO IT.

Other than pets, though, we're at the TOP of the food chain, and I intend to make it known.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:37 am

Hm... This is true, but... Doing mean things to animals that are in the wild or harming those that are not bred for being pets... Even I can't do that.

However, it would be nice if cat owners would keep their cats in their houses. Some of them do, but one of these days, their 'family' is going to get hit with a car, or something like that.

Oh, and I would most likely not touch endangered species, even if it meant that I would die of starvation (well, pretty much any animal actually...). However, if I must some day in the future, then I will target those that try to kill me.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:33 am

If a species becomes endangered, there's a reason. Remember that thing called natural selection? Yeah, if they're going to die, and it'd be my fault, then I'd be PROUD to be a shining example of evolution hard at work.

That's right, mook, FEAR MY SUPERIOR GENOME!
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:56 am

Yikes! I would hate to be the reason for a species being extinct... I'd probably kill myself if I were to be the reason for that.

It is a shame to see animals go if you think about it. I know that I have always dreamt of a world where we would see a Parrot in Parliament, hehe, or a Chimpanzee as our Prime Minister. This will most likely never happen, but at least I can dream.

Better yet, I take over the world, and make animals the top (hahaha)!

Have a nice day.

Edit: Now it looks like we are debating about something in an actual debate topic, lol.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:02 am

I'd rather not be ruled by food. >_>
Back to top Go down
Sajin
Magician
Magician
Sajin

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:09 pm

I don't have any pets because I don't really have time for having one and because my mother doesn't like pets at all but I would love to have a dog or a reptile (like an iguana or a chameleon)...Also I love meat and I would never became an vegeteriam unless it was a case of life or death.Despite this, animals are living beings, so they deserve respect even though most people don't care about them.
Also,about being a reason for a species being extinct... I would hate to be one but sadly we all are more or less passively or not a reason, isn't that right?
Ah, and Salanewt if you want help to take over the world I'll help you out xD
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Role: Yeah, I am sure that this is what soem pets think of their owners too.

Sajin: Okay! Sounds like a plan. No wall we need are flashing strobe lights, preferably in different colours (heehee).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Frog
Magician
Magician
Frog

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:51 am

Well we are at the top of the food chain, and i'm sure any wild animal'd eat us if it had the chance!
I really don't see anything wrong with hunting wild animals for food as thats what us animals do.
(That doesn't mean you can go wipe out a whole species of bear just to "feed your family".)

Hunting animals for fun however, now i think that is completely wrong, same with animal testing.

Also I'd just like to make a min-rant here:
Killing wild cats or dogs for whatever purpose is in no way the same as shooting a domesticated animal!!

oh and despite all that i don't think i could ever bring myself to kill an animal...
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:13 am

I don't agree with animal testing, but it's sort of a necessary evil. We need to make sure those products are safe for people. Heck, some people use such products on their pets as well!

It's a sacrifice on the animal's part to allow hundreds to be safe. Although, I don't think that in the process they should be purposely mistreated or tortured, because experimentation is torture enough. I think they should be treated as pets so they can still be happy. They should be considered heroes rather than throw away test dummies.

I fully support hunting, since it is something that as a species we do to survive. I don't agree with factory farming or anything even remotely similar to it, and whenever I can, I eat meats and eggs produced in places where they take care of their animals and let them roam freely - they're more expensive, but they're also less prone to disease and you know they lived a rather fulfilling life.

Animals do not exist as the sole purpose of them supporting us - we should serve a kind of symbiotic relationship in which the animal gives its love and work to the human in exchange for love and food in return.
Back to top Go down
Sajin
Magician
Magician
Sajin

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:20 am

Eh, I totally forgot about this topic.
Being in the top of the food chain (although humans are pretty pathetic phisically speaking) IS the problem. I bet someday a crazy scientist invents some animal-controlling-machine-thing and drives the animals to kill everyone....Or not. :p
Hunting "for fun" is plain cruelty but killing some animals due to survival isn't that wrong I guess, but it isn't right either (e.g.: testing on animals).
Back to top Go down
Frog
Magician
Magician
Frog

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:00 am

Why do we need to use animals for testing? unless the research is about that particular animal of course.

People willing to volunteer for trials and stuff aren't too hard to find.

Of course then there's the 1% of things that no one would try...and i guess scientists have to resort to using an animal...
Back to top Go down
Sajin
Magician
Magician
Sajin

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:46 am

Well, it's not hard but people think like this "if you can test it on animals why test it on humans?". It's wrong but, hey, it's the world we live in.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:43 pm

Yeah, that is unfortunate.

Yes! Several people agree with me! Yay! Of course, I used to even dislike saqying this, but it is the truth. If food is needed, hunt for it (I prefer hunting for sales at stores though, lol).

For that 1%, scientists could find suicidal people for testing, and for the other 99%, it should be easy to find people who can volunteer (or get paid) to test products.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Or better yet, a new punishment for people in prisons... Test products for the innocent.
Back to top Go down
Sajin
Magician
Magician
Sajin

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:42 am

Prisomers testing products for the innocent? That's a little unfair because you never know if a guy that goes to jail is 100% guilty. It happen already to some that were taken to death penalti and years after police discovers that they were innocent.
But I guess for the ones that are 100% sure that are guilty it's a fine treatment.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Yeah. Of course, it would also only be for a serious crime, if they can guarantee it. For example, a bank robbery or a murder: Yes. Several unpaid tickets: No.

Besides, I think that even some of these "innocent" people deserve them too (of course, only the innocent people who are not actually innocent).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals and Animal Rights   Animals and Animal Rights Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals and Animal Rights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: The Community :: Debates-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com