Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suzu's GS portraits

Go down 
+5
Atrius
Salanewt
charleysdrpepper
Charon the Ferryman
Suzumebachi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Suzumebachi
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Suzumebachi

Suzu's GS portraits Empty
PostSubject: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:03 am

Suzu's GS portraits 893347 In the spite of Forum Alex of The Adepts of Weyard, I make Golden Sun portraits. Well, Alex is probably my biggest competitor XD. Aside that, here's some of my work.

Suzu's GS portraits Suzume Human Suzu... until I made her an Adept....
Suzu's GS portraits SuzumeThe original Jupiter Adept Suzu [s](There's a Human Suzu, but I can't find it)[/s]
Suzu's GS portraits SuzumebachiSuzu with short hair
Suzu's GS portraits SuzuSuzu with short hair, but in a traditional angle. Her hair is too light.

Suzu's GS portraits Isaac1The original Redragon
Suzu's GS portraits RedragonThe second one. I don't like it
Suzu's GS portraits Redragon-1The third one pwns the second one. Ha ha. Well, he only has one eye, but that's okay :3

Suzu's GS portraits Phantom My friend Phantom. I hope to redo this soon. When I do get the chance, I'll edit this post.

Suzu's GS portraits Jenna Sabre Dance, a Jenna edit. I think I'll redo her, too.

Suzu's GS portraits Kaito Kaito, Sabre's friend. AKA Masked Felix.

Suzu's GS portraits Alex Forum Alex never used this icon.

Suzu's GS portraits Cate Random other icons I'm finding.... this is Cate, Nick/Ryan/all those other people's friend

I pretty much graduated from editing icons... I do take requests, but I try not to miff Alex too much on TAOW. Hm, what else..... Oh. Right. Sometimes, I don't have the time to make my icons, since I get in trouble a lot....XD.... I'll say more later.... Good night! Suzu's GS portraits 645286

Last edited by Suzumebachi on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_Adepts_of_Weyard/index.php
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:53 am

You... YOU SAVED THOSE AS JPGS!!

So many of them are so good... but since you saved them as JPGs their quality is thrown out the window... try saving them as PNGs.
Back to top Go down
charleysdrpepper
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
charleysdrpepper

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:34 pm

All of those but 2 are saved as JPGs.. You'll be glad to hear that Suzu's third portait is .png.

The last one that resembles Alex is .gif.

Those look nice!!
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:03 pm

Oh yeah... Cool, I like them. However, CHaron is right about quality being destroyed... You might be able to save them with Photopsuite or Photoshop though. I once did it with a .bmp converting into a .gif.

Oh well, please keep up the good work.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Converting a .bmp (Which is uncompressed, full quality) to a .gif is different than trying to remove the artifacts from a .jpg

Just so you know if you intend to do portrait editing in the actual game, when it's possible, they're limited to a 16 color palette (One of which is always transparent, but not used by any of the official portraits)

Last edited by Atrius on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Suzumebachi
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Suzumebachi

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Heh, lol. They're all saved in various formats because at some point, the chat box on The Adepts of Weyard stopped accepting all of my .gifs..... (How could they? >..>) Although I absolutley hate .jpgs, I somehow got into a drift that only jpgs work.... but when I made the 3rd Suzu, I figured that pngs work too..... *that was a long pointless drabble ish post*

Anyways. I would generally use .gifs, because I started pixel-art-ing (eh?) on this online MMORPG which didn't accept .png.....

The .gif version of 2nd Suzu is my avatar. It died as a .jpg.

Oh, and 3rd Red is a .png, too.

*did I forget anything I was going ot say?*
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:38 am

.jpgs are horrible, unless it's something like a photo. They degrade quality way too much...

Quote :
online MMORPG
Well, THERE'S your problem! [/mmohatespeech]

If you've got some place that has an irrational hatred of the almighty PNG, then what you should do is save two versions - first as PNG, the second as a format that whatever the site/game wants. You may want to separate them by folder as well... in your Image Folder on your compy/lappy/netty, have your normal png files, and a folder for other formats. If you need something that's not PNG, you can just run find the alt-format in the folder. At least, that's what I do with images I make.

Anywho, Suzu, I'd have asked you to do the art for me, but... :x

I didn't wanna seem like I was just mooching art from you, since I found you on DA because of it... Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
redragon 309
New User
New User
redragon 309

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:09 pm

lol i love my icons... except the second one lolz
Back to top Go down
Alex
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:16 pm

Well, those are all very nice Suzu. And I'm flattered by your compliment. Suzu's GS portraits 948524
Back to top Go down
Suzumebachi
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Suzumebachi

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:52 am

Role wrote:

Anywho, Suzu, I'd have asked you to do the art for me, but... :x

I didn't wanna seem like I was just mooching art from you, since I found you on DA because of it... Sweatdrop

I'd do any requests, but I might take a while to get them done :o

@my friends from TAOW: O H A I Z...... *bricked for being useless*
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:03 pm

Oh, well, in that case...

Suzu's GS portraits RedMageF

Here's the challenge. Who can do it better? You? Or Alex? Translate that from NIS style to Camelot's style, and shrink it in size and palette to be GS-sized.

Also, if anyone can find a pic of a PRISM MAGE, that'd be great. A Red Mage is okay, I suppose, but there's just one major problem... it's clearly Mars elemental. At least Prism Mages LOOK Jupiter elemental. I can find the sprite for the prism mage, but not the portrait pic... T-T
Back to top Go down
Suzumebachi
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Suzumebachi

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:24 pm

Suzu's GS portraits Role_Icon_a_by_Sachiaoitori

As of now. I still need to adjust it (I had to do it with my mouse, since I lent my tablet to Nokoribi of TAOW) and kill the palette, but here it is of now!
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:27 pm

Fairly decent. Doesn't look smiley anymore though. Looks rather sad actually.
Back to top Go down
Suzumebachi
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Suzumebachi

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 11:33 pm

That's true. I think it might be contributed to the angle of her right eye...
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:28 pm

It looks great for a first shot at it. Don't worry about the smile, though. After all, how many GS characters are smiling on their portrait? There's just not enough room to show an expression other than 'neutral'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suzu's GS portraits   Suzu's GS portraits Empty

Back to top Go down

Suzu's GS portraits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: The Community :: Creative Works Gallery-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Video games | FPS - First Person Shooter | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com