Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your GSDG Summon Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Your GSDG Summon Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 pm

This isn't just about adding new summons, but also about rebalancing the summons we currently have.

Summons have two types of damage you need to be aware about - Base damage, which deals damage based on a set value, and HP% Damage, which deals damage based on the target's Max HP. At the time of this post, there is no way to edit the HP% Damage effect.

One of the big problems with summons was that they were crappy vs standard enemies, and broken vs bosses. The problem being the base damage seemed too low, and the HP% Damage too high. Though we're unable to fix this at this time, we could be able to fix it in the future. As such, include both the base damage and the HP% damage when posting damage.

It's recommended that if a summon has an additional effect, that it be at the cost of damage-to-djinn ratio.

What is the damage to djinn ratio? Well, for each djinn spent in the summoning, more damage is dealt - in an exponential manner in the original game. However, I recommend against the exponential approach, as it's a bit too extreme.

Another recommendation is to have single-element summons be pure-damage, and multi-element summons be damage+effect, as seen in GS2. It is possible that with the editor we may be able to have 3 and 4 element summons. In the case of 4 element summons, it is recommended that they have a balanced amount of each element used, and that they be non-elemental. But in the end, the element of the summon should be the same as the highest number of elemental djinn used.

I do not yet have a solid example for summons, for for the time being use GS2 as the example.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:00 pm

I personally think that Summons would be good as both base damage plus a multiplier, thus they grow stronger as you do, rather than with which enemy you fight.

Shiva
A many limbed bringer of destruction.
Animation:
Most likely would replace Ulysses (to be honest, his Summon Sequence annoyed me because it made no sense for Ulysses...). Because of its sheer power, it would be found later in the game.
Required Djinn: Your GSDG Summon Ideas 131522 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 131522 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 131522 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 131522 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 893347 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 893347 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 581748
Power (percent): Base Damage 350 15% HP
Power: Base Damage 350 plus 3x attack(Mars power)
Special Effect: May cut enemy defense by half.

Freyr
A bringer of fertility that rides a golden boar.
Animation:
Zagan replacement, most likely
Required Djinn: Your GSDG Summon Ideas 112791 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 893347
Power (Percent): Base Damage 50 (venus) plus 6% of enemy HP
Power: Base Damage 50 plus 1.8 Attack (Venus power)
Special Effect: Cures all party Ailments

Last edited by Charon the Ferryman on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:03 pm

But... how would you be able to do that? I don't know of a way to do that in the editor... you'd need Multiplier (30) AS WELL as summon-type base damage of 350... Which you can only do one of or the other.

Here's my idea for Iris...

Iris
Goddess of Rainbows strikes the enemy down with light

Animation: Iris, duh.
Required Djinn: 4 Venus, 4 Mars, 4 Jupiter, 4 Mercury
Power: Neutral Base 960, 10% HP
Special Effect: Heal 25% HP, 5% PP, Revive to 25% HP for fallen in current party
When Attained: THE obligatory harder than final boss of the game. Must defeat in order to earn the right to summon. In the fight, she will strike with all four elements, and should you attack her with a summon, she will retaliate by summoning HERSELF against you.

Last edited by Role on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:05 pm

We would most likely have to edit the actual programming for it. :p

If we figured out how the hell the summon's power is set up with the editor... this would be a lot easier...

Hrm, the best easy way would probably be a multiplier, but we would have to have a pretty big argument for it to be useful.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Here's another one. Credit goes to RedDragon of TAOW for coming up with the idea (though, it was via the response to an odd question... What if Charon and Iris got together and had a kid? Apparently, it's Pandora)

Pandora
The box is opened and chaos shines down upon the foe.

Animation: Pandora appears and opens her box, which shines as a beam of energy shoots out.
Required Djinn: 2 Venus, 2 Mars, 2 Jupiter, 2 Mercury
Power: Neutral Base 240, 6% HP
Special Effect: Inflicts random ailments to the enemies. Chance to inflict multiple ailments at the same time.
When Attained: Must fight Pandora to attain the right to summon her.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:10 pm

Name: Marshallow

Animation: A large wave washes over the foes, letting the wildlife of the marshes wash over them.
Required Djinn: 2 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 112791, 3 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 581748
Power: Your GSDG Summon Ideas 581748 Base 200, 15% HP
Special Effect: Has a chance of causing Poison.
When Attained: Obtained in a swampy area (good example is Taopo Swamp).

"Marshallow" is for lack of a better name... But I kind of like it.

Another one? Okay.

Name: Lumen Aurum (also, Lumenaurum as a whole name works).

Animation: A large beam of golden light engulfs the enemies.
Required Djinn: 8 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 112791, 8 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 131522, 8 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 893347, 8 Your GSDG Summon Ideas 581748
Power: Your GSDG Summon Ideas 126665 Base 300, 25% HP
Special Effect: Deals severe damage to foes and also heals you by 25% (percentage goes to both the enemy's damage percentage and the amount that you heal).
When Attained: Obtained in the heavens (a good example is like the Anemos, but NOT the same place (probably somewhere closer to Mt. Aleph)). You have to fight a powerful monster who is able to use some of Alchemy's power before you can use Lumen Aurum.

And here are two summon ideas that I have today.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Salanewt on Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Umm... Salanewt, the first one would be a mercury summon, and the second would be non-elemental... going by your djinn costs.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:55 pm

Name: Ain Soph Aur

Animation: A giant beam of purple-tinged light descends from a portal in the sky on to the foes.
Required Djinn: 4 Mars, 5 Jupiter
Power: Jupiter Base 200, 14% HP
Special Effect: Adds bonus damage equal to 30% of the party's total HP.
When Attained: Honestly, no idea. Probably after defeating a Light-based boss, or after a cutscene, as a move you get automatically, provided the storyline has something to do with it.
Description: The mighty power of Light.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:32 am

...That's part of the Sefirot, right? I know nothing of the mythos of Salanewt's , but I'm fairly certain that Ain Soph Aur is part of the Sefirot... Why not just use the whole thing?
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:46 am

Ain Soph Aur is Hebrew for "never-ending light" or "boundless light". "Lumen Aurum" literally means "light gold" in Latin.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:33 pm

Well, the first one right now is just a random name, but the second one is latin. Neither of them are mythological names, but this is only because I could not think of anything to name them. I am open for name suggestions if those ones do not work.

Also, I like yours Jamie.

One last thing: The first elemt I did not change because I copied and editing one of the ones that you posted (Role), and the second one was initially Mars aligned, but then I changed everything except for the power (due to me forgetting).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Summon Ideas   Your GSDG Summon Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Your GSDG Summon Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun Hacking :: Golden Sun Hacking Community: Community Hack-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Video games | FPS - First Person Shooter | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com