Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Salanewt's Rants

Go down 
+3
Frog
charleysdrpepper
Salanewt
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Fame after Death:

Hm... Why is it that when someone who almost nobody likes is alive, they are rarely given the time of day, and yet when they die, everyone misses them for MONTHS??? I am talking (for this rant) about Michael Jackson. I still hear news about his death... Oh my god! He is not the only celebrity who has died! Now, some people deserve the fame after death (like John Lennon, etc.), but I kind of wish that people would get over the "Surgery Doll", and look towards the future, for the people who are still alive (and actually creative without having to steal some of their songs from Paul McCartney).

This Generation:

The people of today... Many of them are nice people, and a few of which are my friends. However, I still barely understand them. One day, almost a year ago in my History Class, someone ASKED who John Lennon was... OH my god!!! Grrrr... I still can't believe that someone of today should be so blind as to not know who the Beatles were (and this was a kid about 15 or 16 years), even if they do not remember the names of the members of the best band of all time! Most of the musicians of the 60's are really good, the Beatles being the best. Next best generation are the 70's (and music from the 60's leaked into the 70's, so there was a nice mix)... However, many people at a few of my latest schools (I would say the past three or four schools) are into this rap and hip-hop stuff. In my opinion... YUCK! EAR POISON! EAR POISON! However, other people like it, and this is fine. I just wish that they would keep it as far away from me as possible.

Also, who is Chris Brown? Who is Johnny Depp? Who is 50cent? I don't know. Want to know what I do know? Goldie Hawn, Lucille Ball, Joe Pesche, Danny DeVito, Mel Gibson (not as much within the past few years or so), The Doors, Heart, Jefferson Airplane, Niel Young, The Beatles (duh!)... So many great actors/actresses/musicians!

People who are in their 40's - 50's are the easiest for me to get along with I find, but I do have friends who are around my age.

And these are my two rants for today.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Salanewt on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
charleysdrpepper
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
charleysdrpepper

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Rap is very bad, ESPECIALLY if it has bad words in it, it'd be best fo them to just turn it off 100% dring school hours.

Asfor Micheal Jackson?: Well, people probably wish they should have atleast spoken to him when he was alive?
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Yeah. I suppose it would have been neat to have spoken to him, but I would rather speak to Paul McCartney, for example.

Have a nice day.

Edit: I agree 100% with you on when it comes to rap... Yuck.
Back to top Go down
Frog
Magician
Magician
Frog

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:05 pm

Oh god i HATE rap music... if you can even call it music.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Frog wrote:
Oh god i HATE rap music... if you can even call it music.

I can't even call it that. Unfortunately, many of the people that I go to school with do (luckily, not all of them, but many do).

It was even worse at my first school in Toronto... That will be a new rant topic "Slang vs. Unrecognized Languages ".

Have a nice day.
Salanewt's Rants 42741 Salanewt's Rants 861619
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:06 pm

Retards
Attempting
Poetry

Quote :
Also, who is Chris Brown? Who is Johnny Depp? Who is 50cent? I don't
know. Want to know what I do know? Goldie Hawn, Lucille Ball, Joe
Pesche, Danny DeVito, Mel Gibson (not as much within the past few years
or so), The Doors, Heart, Jefferson Airplane, Niel Young, The Beatles
(duh!)... So many great actors/actresses/musicians!
Seriously? What do you have against Pirates of the Carribean? Not everything made recently sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:32 pm

There's talent in all timeframes and genres (yes... even rap). I think it's best to expose yourself to everything before saying that you don't like the recent stuff. I used to act like that, but I've found things that are relatively recent that I enjoy just as much as the oldies.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:12 am

Well, I have nothing against those movies, and they were pretty good. However, not everything for me is "Johnny Depp this" and "Johnny Depp that", etc. Kind of like how some of my classmates seem to be.

Also, I have tried, but there are some things in life that are just impossible for you to do. Listening to rap/hip-hop is one of those things for me (same as using improper English, but that is a rant for a later time).

Lol, I like what the initials stand for, and they make sense as well.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:05 am

I'm certain you'll find something to enjoy. Just open up your horizons and stop restricting yourself - that's part of the reason why you're not enjoying any of the music.

Certainly, it isn't all good, but there's a lot of good stuff out there. It's just not the mainstream stuff, which is mainly what you're talking about.

Also, Johnny Depp fans can be a little obsessive, but then again it's not like we're not obsessive over Golden Sun enough to hack it. It's an obsession you may not understand, but ours makes no sense to the person who loves Johnny Depp either.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:35 am

Well, I was forced to try listening to it... Whether it was the teacher with one or two songs, or if somebody's Ipod was too loud... However, I couldn't even understand what they were saying, and my ears hurt too much.

Yeah, these obsessions are fine, I just kind of with that they would also acknowledge the more experienced people, like Maryl Streep. Death Becomes Her is an excellent movie, by the way...

Okay, new rants for the day!

Slang vs. Unrecognised Languages:

There are some things that people do to the English language that make communicating faster for them, and then there are people that make sentences with words that make NO SENSE because the English words have been given different meanings by themselves... I once tried making a dictionary because I couldn't remember the words that made no sense, but I gave up due to confusion (and the fact that I wanted to keep my vocabulary up).

For regular slang, things like "Yeah" and "Yep" are fine with me, but when people use fruit to talk about adults only stuff, and they don't tell me about it... Well, here I am saying that I like different types of fruit, like melons, bananas, cherries, grapes, apples, etc. And then I find out that they are not talking about fruit at all. Of course, this has not happened since the eighth grade (where about 40-50% of my classmates did this, and the rest were normal(-ish)), but I still remember the confusion. I also find it annoying when someone asks me something, and they don't tell me what it means.

"What's up on the grill dog?"

WTH??? I'm not barbequing my dog!

Luckily, the school that I went to after this had mostly normal(-ish) people in it.

Wow, I have talked a lot about this topic... Next one!

Garbage and Gum:

Don't you hate it when you can't find a place for your garbage? Well, garbage, I find, is best to keep in your pocket until you find a garbage disposal bin. Some people are fine for doing this, some are pigs that just drop it, so it drifts into nature (even if these people are nice, they have no excuse for littering), and others are complete morons, and drop the garbage on the ground when there is a bin right beside them. Does it make them "cool"??? Well, the thing about garbage is that if one person drops a grocery bag, it becomes a tumblebag. If 100 or more people drop them, then it becomes a Grocery Hurricane. The things can fly in your face, they can fly so far because of their shape, they even have a chance of going in the ocean.

Things like foil, and batteries are worse, but gum is just irritating. In fact, in most cities, you can see so many large black or grey smeres of gum on city sidewalks, even in towns. It is even worse when the gum is fresh, because it sticks to your shoes.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
charleysdrpepper
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
charleysdrpepper

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:29 pm

Ow! Gum, that is very bad, I dislike the fact that people chew gum in school and stick them under the desk, where it is not visible... Then someone else comes along, not knowing gum is under the desk and accidentally touches it, YUCK!!!!.. Gum goesin the trash, not under desks and other related things.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:32 pm

Yeah, I know! It is gross, yet it always seems to happen to people at least once in their lives.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Frog
Magician
Magician
Frog

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:59 pm

Spitting gum on the floor?
I've stepped on gum thats been left on a CARPET before...
seriously, how hard can it be to wait for a bin?
And if you HAVE TO get rid of it, swallowing one piece isn't the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:07 pm

I also agree with that, either swallow it or spit it into its original wrapper, and then keep it with you, but spitting can be a nasty habit.

I think the two rants for tomorrow will be...

"In the City" and "School"

I hope that these are interesting too, and give you some idea as to what I am going to talk about.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Zach
Magician
Magician
Zach

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 9:41 pm

Salanewt wrote:
This Generation:

The people of today... Many of them are nice people, and a few of which are my friends. However, I still barely understand them. One day, almost a year ago in my History Class, someone ASKED who John Lennon was... OH my god!!! Grrrr... I still can't believe that someone of today should be so blind as to not know who the Beatles were (and this was a kid about 15 or 16 years), even if they do not remember the names of the members of the best band of all time! Most of the musicians of the 60's are really good, the Beatles being the best. Next best generation are the 70's (and music from the 60's leaked into the 70's, so there was a nice mix)... However, many people at a few of my latest schools (I would say the past three or four schools) are into this rap and hip-hop stuff. In my opinion... YUCK! EAR POISON! EAR POISON! However, other people like it, and this is fine. I just wish that they would keep it as far away from me as possible.

Also, who is Chris Brown? Who is Johnny Depp? Who is 50cent? I don't know. Want to know what I do know? Goldie Hawn, Lucille Ball, Joe Pesche, Danny DeVito, Mel Gibson (not as much within the past few years or so), The Doors, Heart, Jefferson Airplane, Niel Young, The Beatles (duh!)... So many great actors/actresses/musicians!

People who are in their 40's - 50's are the easiest for me to get along with I find, but I do have friends who are around my age.

And these are my two rants for today.

Have a nice day.

The thing with "new-age" Rap is that it really isn't the words that make people like it (most of the time the words are crap and make no sense >_<), it's really the beat that people like. With old school rap, it had good beats AND the words actually made sense and entertained people greatly. It died eventually though...

Hip-Hop shouldn't be confused with Rap (although they are similiar). With Hip-hop, the songs actually have a moral to it, but people still confuse it with rap because of the similiar beats <.<

And personally, idk who John Lennon was (since I don't listen to Rock & Roll or Pop or w/e genre). I know about the Beatles, but i don't listen to them since I listen to R&B and Gospel (and every now and then, Hip-Hop)

Salanewt wrote:
For regular slang, things like "Yeah" and "Yep" are fine with me, but when people use fruit to talk about adults only stuff, and they don't tell me about it... Well, here I am saying that I like different types of fruit, like melons, bananas, cherries, grapes, apples, etc. And then I find out that they are not talking about fruit at all. Of course, this has not happened since the eighth grade (where about 40-50% of my classmates did this, and the rest were normal(-ish)), but I still remember the confusion. I also find it annoying when someone asks me something, and they don't tell me what it means.

"What's up on the grill dog?"

WTH??? I'm not barbequing my dog!

Luckily, the school that I went to after this had mostly normal(-ish) people in it.

Wow, I have talked a lot about this topic... Next one!

To understand Slang, you have to understand rap. The problem is that slang changes with every new song that uses a new word. Exs: Slob (I still don't know what this mean), Gum, Becky (wth was Plies smoking when he came up with that one o.O). Also, I think you meant "Why are you all up in my grill dog?" (which is old slang and really shouldn't be used <.<)

Salanewt wrote:
Don't you hate it when you can't find a place for your garbage? Well, garbage, I find, is best to keep in your pocket until you find a garbage disposal bin. Some people are fine for doing this, some are pigs that just drop it, so it drifts into nature (even if these people are nice, they have no excuse for littering), and others are complete morons, and drop the garbage on the ground when there is a bin right beside them. Does it make them "cool"??? Well, the thing about garbage is that if one person drops a grocery bag, it becomes a tumblebag. If 100 or more people drop them, then it becomes a Grocery Hurricane. The things can fly in your face, they can fly so far because of their shape, they even have a chance of going in the ocean.

Things like foil, and batteries are worse, but gum is just irritating. In fact, in most cities, you can see so many large black or grey smeres of gum on city sidewalks, even in towns. It is even worse when the gum is fresh, because it sticks to your shoes.

OMG that is that worst! What's even worse is when you march or sit in that crap! So disgusting <.< and people do it because they're too lazy to go to a trash can, they're a jerk, or tdc (they don't care)
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:16 pm

Yeah, I know. However, the Hip-hop that I was forced to listen to almost sounded the same...

As for the Slang, no, that kid really did ask "What's up on the grill dog?".

Yeah, garbage and gum, yuck!

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Suzumebachi
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Suzumebachi

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:46 am

I hate when people don't throw out their gum when there's a trash can less than 3 feet away....
Back to top Go down
http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_Adepts_of_Weyard/index.php
Frog
Magician
Magician
Frog

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:48 am

I hate it when you see trash cans with gum stuck to the outside... i don't even understand the logic in doing that.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:08 am

Yeah, that is quite disgusting. The worst part about putting gum on the outside of garbage cans is that it attracts wasps in warmer weather. I myself should not be allergic to them, but many people are.

In the City:

I can name several great things about the city... You are more likely to find a hospital when you need one, there is a lot of life, there are fewer trees and wildlife, there is smog and searing heat during the summer... Wait, sorry, I can not name too many excellent things about the city (although there are a few). Sure, it is a great place to live, but there are also many places (in most cities) that I would want to stay far away from. Besides, populations of people can be nice (and I am antisocial, lol), but if in schools they tell people to stay home when they are sick, then why not tell people on the streets to stay home when they are sick? There are many different people from different places, so it is likely that one of them might have a disease of some type. There is a strong chance that it is not contagious, but you never can be sure. I remember when I used to take swimming lessons... Lets just say that my foot is still paying for the lessons... ... ...

Also, I would prefer living with falcons on my balcony than pidgeons. Cleaning their poop is just getting too tiring. In fact, I think they were trick or treating last night, because I heard them cooing over and over again... Fewer cars would be nice too. In fact, it would be really fun to ride horses throughout town, or even zebras, considering how much hotter it seems in the city. I must admit, the city is a great place to live, but I would rather live in a city that does not have huge factories at the lake-shore. I can't go swimming in Lake Ontario because it is quite polluted (although Lake Erie is lovely, and I will talk about it in the rant "Basic or Acidic Lakes?").

You know that things are bad with smog when they name it as a new "weather condition". In fact, it has been proven that plantlife can cool down a city by having plants on top of the building. But do people do that? Mainly because they want to save the money!!!

Wow, that one is long. Okay then...

School:

Of course, everyone here seems to go to different schools/colleges/universities (unless they are finished), but I should tell you a bit about what the schoolboards up here are doing.

#1: Things are apparently getting bad up here with the H1N1 Virus (even more time to take for me typing it than Swine Flu), since there are at least 5 bottles of Hand Sanitizer in the office at school. To be honest, I think that this stuff is needed more at airports than at schools.

#2: Teachers. Many teachers are really nice, and easy [for me] to get along with. However, they each have different opinions. For example, my drafting teacher gave me an Excellent (pretty much like saying an A) for attendance, yet my Chemistry teacher gave me a Needs Approvement (pretty much like saying D or fail). Here is the hilarious part, I have missed the exact same amount of courses in both. Why should I get an "A" in one, and a "D" in another, when their attendence is exactly the same?

#3: The Cafeteria, aka, the Stencheteria! You know, at my last school, I would go into the cafeteria each day because I could eat my lunch, and stay far away from where the food is actually "cooked". At this new school, since March, I have not been in the Stencheteria once. A part of the reason is because you get the food right at the door (smells worse than at my last school too), and that is as close as I got, at the door. The worse part is that the stench lingers in the two adjacent hallways, making it harder for me to go up those stairs feeling healthy (so I just use other staircases).

And this is all I have for today.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
charleysdrpepper
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
charleysdrpepper

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 3:36 pm

Oh, you must have a strict Chemistry teacher? I remember back wen I was in 8th grade how that Civics teacher would give out writting assignments depending on how late you were.. the first writting assignment would be up to 20.. and etc..... and if I remember correctly, if you didn't have it the next class, it'd double...

EDIT:
Oh, and the writing assignment is writing a sentenceover and over again.. I think it was"I will be on time to class everyday." or something like that, I forget.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Oh wow, that stinks... In my school, you only get late slips and stuff until you have been late too often. WHen that happens, your parents will be informed, etc.

Anyway, here is a new rant...

Actually, I just changed my mind. I will lest people discuss the last ones if they wish first.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Suzumebachi
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
Suzumebachi

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 12:44 am

They put a bottle of hand sanitizer in each classroom in my school.
Back to top Go down
http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/The_Adepts_of_Weyard/index.php
Frog
Magician
Magician
Frog

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:51 am

Ahh writing lines.
I remember back in my grade 8 science class you had to write out "i will do my homework" 20 times if it wasn't done...and then yes, it doubled.
The scary part is that this one guy didn't do his homework for like 2 weeks...and ended up with over 2,000 lines. (which he actually had to do before the end of the term)
Back to top Go down
charleysdrpepper
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
charleysdrpepper

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:16 am

Yes.. but .. to go a bit further...

okay, the first tardy was probably an excused tardy...

Another tardy - 20 lines...

Another tardy - 50 lines...

I'm not sure what the next tardy here would be...

EDIT: I forgot to say, you also need parent signature.

But anyway, t looks like that was the only teacher I ever had that would do writing assignments for lateness. And I have never had a teacher who would give writing assignments for not doing homework. (That seems a bit too strict for me, if the student doesn't do it they should just get the 0 and let it be.)

Although, I do have some lenient teachers. For example: This year, it seems my English teacher gives a lot of extra credit... usually "+5" .. sometimes "+10" ... I wonder what people's grade look like in here, (But don't expect her to go overboard.., although, she does not give extra credit for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:47 am

Oh wow...

Okay then. I think you only get one right now, and then I will type up the other one when I get back after school today.

Basic or Acidic Lakes:

As many of you know (or have now learned), there are two types of compounds. Acids and Bases, water is a base, rainwater is an acid. If pollution wasn't bad enough for the effects it has on life, it can also prevent you from swimming in large bodies of water. One lake that has a problem is Lake Ontario. I do not think that I have been swimming in there, because I would rather not grow tentacles over night! Why should I go into one of the largest lakes of the world only to get sick. Lake Erie (having been the most pulluted Great Lake at one time) is very good and clean now, but only because they imported Zebra Muscles and other various creatures to make the lake clean. The bad thing about these is that they clean water, but they have a chance of cleaning the lake too much, so it should affect the other wildlife. Oh well, as long as there is at least ONE nearby body of water in which I can actually swim without mutating.

So, to make things clear...

Many lakes are not good for drinking, swimming, or living in. Some are, but many are not. I do not like this! It would be nice if various pollutants were completely removed from our ecosystems, environments, and our atmosphere.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Salanewt's Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salanewt's Rants   Salanewt's Rants Empty

Back to top Go down

Salanewt's Rants
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: The Community :: Open Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com