Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Screen recording + USB headset

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
weckar
Wind Seer
Wind Seer

Screen recording + USB headset Empty
PostSubject: Screen recording + USB headset   Screen recording + USB headset EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:39 am

Okay, I've been trying to make some recordings. I've used multipl screen recorders (Fraps, Zealsoft Super just to name a few) and they all seem to have the same problem: when I'm using my headset, any Audio going to it is not recorded, yet any audio from the built-in microphone is! Now, if I set it to directly record off the sound card, 2 problems arise: 1. the sound is coming through my speakers instead of the headset, and 2. it's not icking up the mic at all anymore.

Anyone here have any experience with these matters?
Back to top Go down
MaxiPower
Wind Seer
Wind Seer

PostSubject: Re: Screen recording + USB headset   Screen recording + USB headset EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Dont have direct Experience however a bit of advice would be to record separately first the video, using Cam Studio etc then record your voice into Audacity whilst watching the video and matching the parts up.
Back to top Go down
weckar
Wind Seer
Wind Seer

PostSubject: Re: Screen recording + USB headset   Screen recording + USB headset EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 4:25 pm

While that would work in theory, it poses two problems:
1. I'd have to post-commentate, which I'm utterly terrible at
2. I still wouldn't be able to record the pc audio unless I listen to the pc speakers, and I've kinda grown fond of the privacy a headset provides.

Thanks for trying though!
Back to top Go down
twocows
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Screen recording + USB headset   Screen recording + USB headset EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 6:12 pm

Just record the audio with a different program and sync them up later. You might have to do a bit of stretching or crunching to get them to sync well, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screen recording + USB headset   Screen recording + USB headset Empty

Back to top Go down

Screen recording + USB headset
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: The Community :: Tech, Gaming, and Entertainment-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com