Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your GSDG Character Builds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Your GSDG Character Builds Empty
PostSubject: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:20 pm

Okay, this actually wasn't in the old board, but it might as well be discussed here.

First: What is a character build?

Let's look:

Isaac, Garet, Felix, and Piers all could use Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Axes, Long Swords, Light Blades, and Maces. They shared a build.
Jenna and Ivan both could use Light Armor, Mage Armor, Light Blades, Staffs, and Ankhs. They shared a build.
Sheba and Mia both could use Light Armor, Mage Armor, Maces, Staffs, and Ankhs. They shared a build.

A character's 'Build' determines what equipment they can and cannot use (ignoring gender specific equipment, such as dresses). Giving a name to these builds, you have:

Warrior - Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Axes, Long Swords, Light Blades, Maces
Spellsword - Light Armor, Mage Armor, Light Blades, Staffs, Ankhs
Pure Mage - Light Armor, Mage Armor, Maces, Staffs, Ankhs

Yes, staffs and ankhs are separate weapon, as each weapon type gets its own sprite. So, despite the fact that the translators/programmers were lazy and didn't differentiate the two in text, the game's data DID separate the two types of weapons. Now then as for the "Heavy, Light, and Mage Armors":

Heavy Armor: Shields, Armor, Helms
Light Armor: Gloves, Clothes, Hats/Crowns/etc
Mage Armor: Bracelets, Robes, Circlets

As for the various weapons, current lists include:

Axes
Pole Arms/Spears
Long Swords
Light Blades
Scythes
Maces/Hammers
Staffs
Ankhs

Physical-oriented fighters tend to be able to wield four types of weapons, according to sprite data.
Magical-oriented fighters tend to be able to wield three types of weapons, according to sprite data.

Now, keeping in mind that you must be reasonable, don't go giving Mage-type builds axes. That's just plain stupid.
Also, if you so desire, you can split up Pole Arms and Spears to be simply be similar weapons, as well as Maces and Hammers. If a build can use both types, include both, just separated by a /. For example, if they can use both Maces and Hammers (they don't need a sprite for both), put Maces/Hammers. If you don't want a build to have one type of weapon (for example, in my version of weapon balancing, Maces give more of a Max PP boost than Hammers, so physical fighters can use hammers, but not maces, as they're more of a mage weapon), then just put one or the other.

With this in mind, here's some examples on what types of builds you can make:

Fighter - Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Pole Arms/Spears, Long Swords, Light Blades, Scythes
Spell Fighter - Light Armor, Mage Armor, Light Blades, Scythes, Maces/Hammers
Avenger - Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Axes, Long Swords, Light Blades, Scythes
Armored Knight - Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Axes, Pole Arms/Spears, Long Swords, Hammers

If you have any suggestions for builds, feel free to add them. Just remember:

All builds can use two types of armor.
Physical Builds can use four types of weapons
Magical Builds can use three types of weapons

Other weapon suggestions include Rods, Talons, Claws, Beaks, etc...
You can include these if you wish, just note that I have no weapon balancing suggestions for you if you do, you'll be on your own if you choose to adopt those weapons.

Last edited by Role on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Spellwarrior: This is a fairly interesting build idea:
Equippable weapons: Hammers, Long Swords, Light Blades, Staves.
Equippable armours: Heavy Armour, Mage Armour.

Why did I make this build in the first place? To differentiate between Isaac and Felix.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:45 pm

Heh, for me, I'd have given Isaac Spears instead of Axes, and Felix Scythes instead of Maces. Seems to fit them better like that.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 pm

Hm...

Preist(ess): Basically like a pure healer.
Equippable weapons: Staves, Ankhs, (not in game) rods (if they can not be implemented in the game, then maces).
Equippable armours: Light Armour, Mage Armour.

However, I would make this group capable of using almost any type of healing psynergy (enemy only as well), and they would tend to have low stats, but surprisingly high agility and luck.

Have a nice day.

I would only really pick Mia to be this, but even Sheba or Jenna *could* fit into this group. I know that we are also ignoring psynergy and classes possible, but there does tend to be a pattern between classes/psynergies and builds.

Last edited by Salanewt on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:08 pm

That sounds more like a class than a build. Build has nothing to do with psynergy you can cast, after all. Nor your class. It's just what the character can equip, basic archetypes for people to choose from if they want. That's the basic purpose of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:32 pm

That is true. Each time I said "class" in my last post, I meant build... I don't know why I didn't say build, but...

As for the psynergy types, you might have noticed that some builds also seem to share a similar pattern for classes with certain psynergies in them (like how Jenna can get healing psynergies if pure fire, and Garet can not).

At least I was not describing the psynergies.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Well, the point is to totally ignore psynergy and class for the purposes of this. Basically, you'll come here to see if you want certain archetypes for your character in terms of equipment. As far as your priest(ess) build, it just looks like the Pure Mage build, sans the Maces... what's the third weapon they can use?
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Um... I was actually thinking of adding a new weapon, but I suppose I forgot to add it in. Anyway, I shall do so right now.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:54 pm

As mentioned in the Equipment topic, I've come up with some human/elemental hybrids that are initiated from exposure to elemental power. I also have some rather ordinary ideas as well.

Fencer: Short Swords, Dual Swords (two handed), Daggers; Leather-like armour, robes, shirts, boots, gloves, armlets, rings, hats
Ancient Warrior: Spears, Axes, Long Swords; Heavy armour, Leather-like armour, boots, gloves, shirts, rings, hats, helmets
Avian-human (Jupiter aligned): Scythes, Beaks, Talons, Short Swords; Leather-like armour, robes, shirts, armlets, hats
Draco-human (Mars aligned): Long Swords, Axes, Scythes, Talons; Heavy Armour, shirts, boots, gloves, hats, rings, scales (small trinkets similar to rings but always raise defense a little)
Technician: Short Swords, Rods/Staves, Guns, Special-technical weapons (like lasers lol); Leather-like armour, shirts, boots, gloves, rings, armlets, hats, radio-receivers (similar to rings but with limited use effects)
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:28 pm

Offensive Mage/Ranger/Battle Mage: Spinners, Staves, Hammers, Light Armour, certain Heavy Armours (certain Body Armours, but not Helms or Shields), certain Mage Armours (no Dresses).

Ubermage/Sage/Defensive Mage: Ankhs, Scythes, Maces, Mage Armour, Light Armour.

Spinners give 90% to attack stat, 10% to PP regen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your GSDG Character Builds   Your GSDG Character Builds Empty

Back to top Go down

Your GSDG Character Builds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun Hacking :: Golden Sun Hacking Community: Community Hack-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com