Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your ideas for this forum's skins!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Your ideas for this forum's skins! Empty
PostSubject: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:20 am

Because I REAALY hate this mars themed skin, I figured we could have multiple skins (at least, I THINK OMG boards can have multiple skins...)

Suggestions? Well, for starters, the classic Jupiter skin. It'd be nice to see that return.

Another one? How about a skin based on the Golden Sun text? It could have the default font be similar to that of the text in GS, the background be the default background, etc... The icons could be the same ones you see in the editor...

The New Game icon could be the new thread icon, the Update icon could be the Edit post icon, etc...
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:00 pm

My only problem with this skin is having GARET for the online users icon. My suggestion: You know the Jupiter online users icon? Well, position Jenna, Garet, and Aaron in the same position. (No bad guys allowed, sorry Karst, Agatio, Saturos and Menardi.) Or we could replace Garet with Kay, because nobody likes Garet.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:14 pm

But they aren't bad guys. More like Chaotic Good, or Anti-Heroes...

It should be Jenna, Kay, and Karst!

Because nobody likes Garet...
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Aaron is awesome though! Include him! Why does it have to be only females? It's racist!
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:23 pm

No, it's not racist, it's sexist. You were the one being racist against Proxians!

Besides, there are no boys on the internet, only girls and girls pretending to be boys. :P

If you insist, then fine... Jenna, Saturos, and Karst
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:20 pm

Um... I beg to differ with you post about no boys on the internet...

Anyway, I would only have one of the Proxian 4 if any. I think that Garet could be replaced with his older sister, Jenna if fine, and perhaps... Does anyone remember... Um... Why are there almost no Mars Adepts in the game (excluding those from Prox)? There is a small amount in Vale, but that seems to be it. there aren't even any near Magma Rock...

Oh, how about Jenna, Garet (or sister), and a Mars djinni?

Also, here is an idea for Mercury: Alex, Mia, Robot, Lord Hydros, and Mercury Djinni. I know that there are five characters in here, but... Okay, we can leave out the Robot (label name: PIERS).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Adepts tend to congregate in region. Venus adepts around Vale, Champa and Izumo, Mercury around Imil and Lemuria, Jupiter around Contigo, Garoh, and possibly Xian, and Mars around Vale and Prox.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:50 pm

Yeah, that seems about right. However, even Imil has few Mercury Adepts if you think about it.

Have a nice day.

An idea for a Venus skin... Isaac, Felix, and Susa around a Venus djinni.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:01 pm

That works.

Mercury could have the three well known ones: Mia, Piers, and Alex.
Non-Elemental could have the "Old guys of Weyard" - Kraden, Babi, and Lunpa! If you don't mind the greyish theme, that is.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Oh yeah, that is a good idea for a non-elemental theme.

I have an idea for a "starting new" theme, although I have no idea what colours would be used...

Young Isaac, Young Garet/Jenna, and Eoleo might be good for a starters theme.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Akafubu gets his powers from Magma Rock supposedly.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Hm... Oh yeah! I had forgotten about that. However, it almost looks like he is a Venus Adept... then again, it is hard to tell, considering he hardly uses anything unique to either one (there is Lift though...).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Lift is Mercury though. Not Venus.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:39 pm

Can't tell with Kimbombo. The psynergy used there is too varied, not to mention that the Necronomicon you get there bestows a 4-element class... Anywho, his is off topic, so let's get back on topic.

Anyone else have any suggestions for forum skins?
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 6:45 pm

I know, but I had forgotten when I made that post. So... Is Akafubu an Everything Adept? He gets his power from Magma Rock, uses Water psynergy... He also goes into the Great Gabomba (which seems like earth), and Jupiter psynergy is required to get to the very end of the statue, so...

Have a nice day.

Edit: Which makes me think of an elemental "wheel" skin. Basically, a rainbow theme.
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 pm

It doesn't really have support for multiple themes. However, because of how modifiable the forums are I may be able to rig something up to create that support myself.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Oh, that's cool. Heh heh, hear that OMG forums? FEAR OUR LEET PROGRAMMER! BWAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:23 pm

1337 f0r 73|-| \/\/1/\/!!! *shot*
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Anywho, as for the icons:

New Post in forum - Set Djinn
No new posts - Standby Djinn
Locked - Petrified Djinn with Psynergy seal
Back to top Go down
weckar
Wind Seer
Wind Seer

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:29 pm

hmmm, okay. Sorry for this, but I just skimmed over the topic a bit.

For one: Aaron and Kay being Mars was never confirmed, so that's a bad idea.

for themes, I'd really like a Temple-based theme (Fushi(sp? it's been a while)/Lama). Either that or Lemurian.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:37 pm

Mars Adepts always have red hair. Both parents have red hair as well, so I assume they are both Mars, and Garet is Mars too.
Back to top Go down
weckar
Wind Seer
Wind Seer

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Assuming it is genetic... case and point: Ivan is blonde.... And, as a Mars adept: Saturos and Menardi don't have red hair...
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:44 pm

They are Proxians. That's their excuse. They aren't actually human. Besides, Akafubu's power is said to come from Magma Rock, and he has red hair. Garet has red hair, Jenna has red hair, Jenna's mom has red hair, and is known to be a Mars Adept, so... yeah.
Back to top Go down
weckar
Wind Seer
Wind Seer

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Proxians are quite human, just... adapted, like a race.

may I conclude from you logic that you suspect Eoleo to be a Mars Adept?
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Hadn't thought of that, but yes, that would be expected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your ideas for this forum's skins!   Your ideas for this forum's skins! Empty

Back to top Go down

Your ideas for this forum's skins!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Feedback-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com