Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mars Adepts!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Post ideas for Mars Adept characters here!

Then, everyone gets to vote for which two they like best.

I have an idea, and I'll start us off with it. Remember to tell people the base class and Character Build, and post the class in the Class Ideas topic! Also, it's a good idea to list the character's Utility Psynergies. (If any.)

My idea (copied from the Class Ideas section):

Name: Tiria
Character Build: Ranger
Psynergy Element: Mars

She was found in the centre of Magma Rock by some alchemists researching Mars power. Some say she was born from the flames of the Rock, which has caused her to wonder about her past for most of her life, but also to joke about being a goddess of fire. She likes history and ruins, and has a tendency to annoy most everyone by knowing absolutely everything about absolutely everywhere the party goes. This results in a lot of beginning-of-dungeon cutscenes. Like most Mars Adepts, she has a bit of a temper. Her Psynergy has a tendency towards relating to lava rather than fire.

She has red hair, but a lighter red rather than dark red like Jenna's, and red light armour with white highlights. Her gloves are white with reddish-orange trimmings, and she wears reddish-orange boots with white trimmings.

Her base class:

Student > Scholar > Professor > Historian > Magister

She also has an outside-of-battle and in-battle utility Psynergy that stays with her no matter her class: Tattle. This ability costs 4 PP, and allows her to read her enemies' stat lines and movesets (editorializing included), and tell you all about a place or certain important characters. This ability is good for helping you figure out difficult puzzles, and for figuring out boss strategies. In battle, it has a range of 1. Outside of battle, using it when standing in front of an important character (close enough to talk or use Mind Read) causes her to tell you all about that person. When not standing near a person and when standing in a town or dungeon, she'll tell you all about the place. It cannot be used on the World Map.

In her inventory as an item that cannot be unequipped is a Tattle Log. Using it allows you to review all the places, people, and enemies you have used Tattle on in the past, and their tattle entries (what she says when you use Tattle on them).

Last edited by JamietheFlameUser on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Cool. I would have made this an idea for any element of adept though, but here is one for a Mars adept (a bit older, but perhaps an NPC character? I have a better idea for a character that could be in the party).

Name: Prudence
Character Build: NPC

Prudence is Megan's grandmother, who has cared for her for a long time. She has orange hair and wears a colourful robe (golden with red trimming).

Name: Megan
Character Build: Spellsword

Megan, 15 years old, was born into a successful family that owned a large grape vineyard. However, when bandits from Lunpa raided her home, she fled to the north, where there her grandparents live in a small settlement. Over the few years, her grandmother has taught her how to use psynergy. With this ability, she sneaks to Lunpa once in a while and lights small things of fire (like pots, plants, etc. all while hiding).

Megan was born with a type of Cancer (why not have diseases in video games?), so her life long plans are to;

1: Avenge her parents who died at the vineyard.

2: Do the world a great service.

Base Class...

Pyromaniac --- Fire-Eater --- Pyrokineticist --- Pyromaster --- Flame Queen

By the way, the Cancer thing can be ignored, but I think it adds to this character's personality (and also gives me an idea for a character once I have finished my book).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:30 pm

How about Student -> Acolyte or something?

Anywho, I've got a couple... One, Aiden, is mine, the other is thenightshadow's. They're from the DG we've been collaborating on:

Keep in mind, these are the ORIGINAL CONCEPTS of the characters - if they're to be included in the community hack, they will be edited to fit into the story for understandable reasons.

Name: Aiden
Height: 6' 5"
Element: Mars
Class: Thug --> Bandit --> Brigand --> Mercenary --> Myrmidon
Build: Fighter (Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Axes, Long Swords, Light Blades, Maces/Hammers)
Signature Weapon: Axe
Initial Equip: Bandit's Axe
Personality: Self-centered and cocky. Cares only about #1, and doesn't try to hide it.
Physique: Robust/Muscular. For the outfit, similar in nature to Garet, though with more of an armored/bandit look and feel.

A bandit who could care less about doing stuff unless there's money involved. He saved Ila after the collapse of Babi Tower. He continues traveling with the group not because he wants to save the world, but because he wants to get famous for doing it like the legendary heroes of lore. As time progresses, though, he begins to see that there's more to this than just money and fame, as inaction would mean death, which is worse that been a poor nobody. However, even though his views begin to shift more towards 'gotta save the world', he never lets on that he's doing it for anything other than fame and fortune, and still lets greed get the better of him at times.

Name: Nina
Height: 5' 3"
Element: Mars
Class: Enchanter -> Scryer -> Caller -> Conjurer -> Magus
Build: Pure Mage (Light Armor, Robes, Staffs, Ankhs, Maces/Hammers)
Signature Weapon: Staff
Initial Equip: Blasting Staff
Personality: Yangire. She seems nice and sweet, until you realize just how much she enjoys blowing things up...
Physique: Small, but not necessarily short. Somewhat innocent looking, aside from the occasional scars from psynergy mishaps. Outfit is similar to Hama's clothes, except semi-split from the top.

A mage prodigy, Nina takes great pride in the power of her psynergy. This leads her to be well known in her village, but due to her explosive personality, she's more infamous for the power of her spells, rather than famous for it. She's sent to aid Sai in clearing a path that was buried in rubble as punishment, however, she came to see it as fun, and forced her way into Sai's party afterwards. She doesn't seek fame, power, or justice in her journeys, but rather chases after the Betrayer simply because she feels like it.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Ooh, I like those characters! Hm...

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Acolyte is based too much in religion for my tastes. Archaeologist as final class maybe, and move the others one over?
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Hm... I would have Magister after Archaeologist. The rest should be moved over though.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Good idea, I think I'll go do that.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Archeologist doesn't fit AT ALL. What's more, it HEAVILY implies Venus... And they're supposed to be mars adepts.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Well, true enough... Still though, looking at this character's history, it looks like they are quite smart. So, archaeologist actually does fit in, although it is a bit off if you are looking at element comparisons rather than history.

Have a nice day.

If Archaeologist does not work, then how about Historian/Librarian?
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:22 pm

I was thinking of Librarian, but that implies ugly old woman with glasses. I think Historian possibly fits a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Hm... For Librarian? I wouldn't say that. For elemental comparisons though, Historian might be a tiny bit better, considering fire can burn books.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:43 pm

I always associated Librarians and Historians with Scholars... which are Water/wind based...

Archaeologists are strongly Venus based as well...
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:44 pm

I know, I felt it would be odd to have a Fire Adept Scholar... WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY I DID IT!!! *shot for abusing caps*
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:26 pm

But it makes more sense to expand the Scholar class rather than move it somewhere else that makes little sense.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:31 pm

It's not really the same class, though. I just didn't want a female Garet, or a second Jenna.

Would it be possible to give characters a different attack for the third hit of attacks like Quick Strike? You know, so that they actually stay in the final hit pose instead of reverting to their basic attack pose? It looks really odd when Garet does an upward slash that ends with his sword on the ground as if he just did a downwards slash. Also, I would love it if it were possible for a character to do something like a back-flip kick or something for the final strike of a three-hit combo move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mars Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars Adepts!   Mars Adepts! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mars Adepts!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun Hacking :: Golden Sun Hacking Community: Community Hack-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com