Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Venus Adepts!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Venus Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Venus Adepts!   Venus Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:19 pm

Post ideas for Venus Adepts here! I don't currently have one, and I'll get back when I do. Anyway, post your ideas, and then you'll get to vote for your 2 favourites to be in the Community Hack!

Remember to list their base class and Character Build, and put their class in the Class Ideas topic!

Theoretically, character limit is 5, but the editor automatically patches it so that it has a character limit of 11 for the name. As such, you shouldn't have too much problem with name length.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Venus Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venus Adepts!   Venus Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:57 pm

Name: Szilvia
Build: Fighter
Base Class: Friend - Guard - Defender - Protector - Guardian
History: As a good friend of a skilled adept, she herself has learned of her ability to use psynergy. However, her very good friend was kidnapped by what she heard someone say as "a lost tribe". Knowing of what she can do, she has settled out in search of her friend and this "lost tribe" which kidnapped him. On the night that he was kidnapped by adepts much more skilled than him, she heard...

"... surely find out that we have kidnapped him?"... "No! Nobody shall find out. Our tribe shall remain "lost" so the boy is not found."... "Why are we kidnapping him again?"... "We have need of his powers for world domin-wait, who are you!?"

After hearing these fateful words, she narrowly escape the somewhat disturbed members of the "lost tribe". She tripped over a branch, which allowed her to pick up a symbol that one of the ruffains dropped. She grabbed it and continued to run until she was far awar from the people who kidnapped her friend. Her new quest was to find the people who kidnapped her friend.

Location: Szilvia can be found near Lemuria, learning about lost tribes/civilizations (or if Lemuria is no more, she is near where Lemuria used to be).

Description: Szilvia has brown hair, is somewhat taller, and is female (which you should be able to get by the name). If the name is too long, then an alternative is Silvy.

And this is all I can think of for now.
Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

Venus Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venus Adepts!   Venus Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:09 pm

JamietheFlameUser wrote:
Theoretically, character limit is 5, but the editor automatically patches it so that it has a character limit of 11 for the name.
Automatically doing it was a bug that will be fixed in V0.3, and names longer than 6 characters cause some graphical glitches (Specifically on the battle screen)
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Venus Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venus Adepts!   Venus Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Ah, I can see why actually. Probably the same reason why stats above 999 cause graphical glitches in battle in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (I think).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Venus Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venus Adepts!   Venus Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Actually, a better example would probably be the text overflowing in Pokemon Scripts when you make a text portion too long.

The reason why the number values fail over 999 is probably because the game has no way of representing such high numbers, such as the x129 of the 6th item with the Missingno. glitch back in R/B/Y.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Venus Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venus Adepts!   Venus Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:37 pm

That also makes sense. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga can represent those numbers on the screen, but there are some odd glitches when you are hit, etc. Enemies can probably be made to have over 999 HP with no consequences, but not Mario or Luigi.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Venus Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venus Adepts!   Venus Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:09 pm

It's best to keep the old character limit of 5 in mind when making these. 6 is your ABSOLUTE LIMIT due to the graphical limitations, but it's best to stick with 5.

Name: Ila
Height: 5' 0"
Element: Venus
Class: Nurse --> Practitioner --> Medic --> Healer --> Saint
Build: Pure Mage (Light Armor, Robes, Staffs, Ankhs, Maces/Hammers)
Signature Weapon: Ankh. NOT Staff, Ankh, the weapon Mia has in her official art.
Initial Equip: Apprentice Ankh
Personality: Kind and caring. She genuinely has a desire to help others, and that is what led her to become a healer.
Physique: Kind of like Mia I guess, dunno how to exactly put it in words. She should opt for Robes over Light Armor/clothes in the art, possibly with the Great Healer and his understudies in mind when designing it.

An apprentice healer from the town of Vale whom had left with her brother to expand their knowledge of healing. After the death of brother at the hands of The Betrayer atop Babi Tower, she left with Kari to help her on her quest, and convinced Aiden to join up with the group. Upon returning to Vale, though, she discovers that the Mountain of Legend, Mount Aleph, had risen up through her town, destroying it. It is then that she realizes how dire the situation is, and from her knowledge of Valean lore, she helps to explain what is going on to the rest of the group.

Name: Sai
Height: 5' 10"
Element: Venus
Class: Oniwaban --> Genin --> Chuunin --> Jounin --> Shinobi
Build: Spellfighter (Light Armor, Robes, Light Blades, Scythes, Maces/Hammers)
Signature Weapon: Light Blade
Initial Equip: Kunai
Personality: Silent, yet strong. He's not a silent protagonist, but he's not exactly used to being outside his village, which leads him to be somewhat awkward in the company of others, and causing him to let others to take the lead in conversations.
Physique: Slender and Nimble, as are all ninja. He wears a traditional ninja's garbs.

Sai is an apprentice ninja from the village of Kyomizu. After the village's treasures were stolen, he was tasked in the recovery of those objects. Along the way, he meets up with others in their journey, and uncovers a much larger threat to the world than the recovery of his village's treasures - a threat large enough for him to take major detours so as to stop disasters from occurring. Little does he know that these events are tied into something much, much larger, and that his actions could decide the fate of Weyard itself...
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Venus Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venus Adepts!   Venus Adepts! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 pm

This is true. Anyway, in case I forgot to say so before, Silvy can be used as a short form for my character.

Technically, all of my characters have had their names and/or descriptions taken from something in Real Life for me. Their history of course is completely different, but...

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Venus Adepts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venus Adepts!   Venus Adepts! Empty

Back to top Go down

Venus Adepts!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun Hacking :: Golden Sun Hacking Community: Community Hack-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com