Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NPCs!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Post NPC (Non Playable Character) ideas here!

I don't have any currently, and there doesn't seem to be a name length limit for NPCs. Make sure to give some description, especially visual description for sprites.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Hm... I have an idea for one or two.

Cameo: Yoshi.

Yoshi lives on an island off of the coast of Aqua Rock (to the south of it). He lives with three other Yoshis, the four of which have temporarily moved to Weyard to become Fruit Connoisseurs.

Actual NPC: Psynergy Shopkeeper.

Basically, this person is a lot like the shopkeepers for weapons, armour, and items. However, this one sells psynergy bestowing items (both single use and equipment types). Basically, this allows you to sell things like the Hover Jade and the Teleport Lapis for hefty sums of money. However, it costs even more if you need these psynergies back...

As for Single Use, I am talking about items like Apples or Nuts, but these different items are not stackable, and they bestow the psynergy when they have been consumed (this could be a good way to give Move to more people). Also, the cheapest item would be like 20 000 coins (psynergy bestowing, duh...).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:33 pm

Cameo: Lloyd Irving
Location: Either Alhafra or Yampi Desert, haven't decided where yet
Description: Most people can recognize Lloyd from a mile away, but here's a pic for those who haven't seen him before. He's a goodhearted, but rather immature, swordsman, who specializes in two swords.

Actual NPC: Talking with him initiates a short cut scene that ends up with you receiving the Cyclone Chip.

Possibly could be paired with another ToS character, but not sure who yet. Most likely Colette or Kratos. Most likely the former because it makes a tad more sense for a goofy cut scene and because I'm not a Kratostard, like many female fans of the game(s).
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:50 pm

Oh cool. By the way, Lloyd... I only really know of that character because he is also a cameo in a Wii game that I have.

Anyway, another NPC...

Cameo time!: Lucille Ball (not all cameos have to be from games, do they?)

Anyway, Lucille... She is a hilarious actress who passed away a little while ago. One of her most famous roles was Lucy Ricardo in "I Love Lucy". I can see that she would probably be someone who is involved in a funny cutscene, just for fun. In the end, you will get the Lucy Wig.

Okay, another Cameo: Marilyn Monroe

This gorgeous actress has played in films such as "Some Like it Hot" and "Niagra". I have no idea where she could be as her cameo performance, but there could possibly be a theater in a town like Kalay or something?

In fact, if there is a theater, then we could probably have about 5 or 6 famous actors/actresses/singers, etc. (but no more, because this would be undoing it).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Knock off the cameos. Even though Link was in the data, it's not like he was actually in the game, now, was it?
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:11 pm

To be honest, I do not think that "Link" was actually Link. In my opinion, he almost reminded me of a male elf, which would explain why there is a female elf and a child elf.

Oh well, people see things differently, so...

And why should I knock off the cameos? It is fun to have them, even if they have no chance of being used.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:21 pm

Come on, can't we have a LITTLE fun with this?

One cameo per person then. ONLY ONE

ALL OTHER NPCS MUST BE ORIGINAL OR I SHALL BRING MAI HAMMER UPONETH YOU
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:26 pm

Aw, but why only one cameo per person? Is it okay if we have one cameo per post instead?

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:28 pm

THAT'S CHEATING SALANEWT! And I personally disapprove.

One cameo scene per person, though multiple characters may be part of this scene, and make it fairly subtle.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Charon the Ferryman wrote:
Come on, can't we have a LITTLE fun with this?
It's one thing to make a joke about it. It's another thing with the ONLY NPCs IN THE THREAD ARE CAMEOS.

At least put a serious NPC in your post!
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Worry more about the actual game before you start thinking up Cameos. If you're just going to make the whole thing a joke, why should you expect people to take the project seriously?
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:43 pm

I know, right? If you're gonna make some ideas about the Community Hack, be serious about it. I will NEVER. EVER. Accept cameos. References and shout outs? Sure. Blatant cameos? I will KILL THE PROJECT before I let those show up.

This is something I am putting my foot down on. The ONLY exception is putting in us - the staff - via NPCs. However, they mustn't actually be us - more like our NPC avatars, actually taking part in the story. Like Stan Lee in Marvel movies. However, this isn't something that anyone else will recognize... it's a programmer's joke.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:06 am

Actually, I agree with Atrius from this point.

Anywho, we start over. Get some plot setup.

I'm tired so I'll post some things tomorrow. ;p
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:20 pm

Why would you post things you don't want to see in the community hack in a topic of ideas for the community hack? You're just filling it up with extra crap that will have to be sifted through, and slow the process down.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Salanewt, this topic is for ideas that could be used in a community based hack. For this reason I deleted your post.

Dunno a name, but we definitely need a few Proxians - even if they're the last of their race and they die halfway through.

We should also start with some Anemos (because we've agreed they'll be the bad guys) and the Lemurians (especially the higher ups who are associating with the Anemos).

I think we should keep Hydros, because the Anemos could be supplying Lemuria with draught from the sky. :p

I'll post full out new ideas soon (instead of a few character returns), but I'm a bit tapped for creativity at the moment XD
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:10 pm

I personally don't like your idea of Hydros being evil though, but that can be discussed in the plot ideas topic.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:13 pm

Well the thing is - he's more of someone who's a pawn. He's working for the bad guys, but he doesn't realize what they're doing. He's basically sharing the Lemurian (ship) technology with the Anemos (sky) technology.

In all honesty, being a inhabitant of Weyard, I don't think he'd want to be a "bad guy" but considering that Weyard has no idea what the Anemos is doing, they seem to be in check. Of course, the Proxians kind of realized that they're not just doing a little trade...
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Here's an idea... A guy named Liberali. He should be JUST AS BAD as Conservato (just, you know, being way too Liberal instead of Conservative). If Conservato was all about preferring stagnation over potential abuse, this guy will be all about abuse over potential stagnation. You shouldn't fight him, but whatever eldritch abomination he happens to help take part in creating you'll have to take out. I mean, if they can take a stab as extremist conservatives, it's only fair to take a stab back at extremist liberals. Safety in balance~~~...
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Well, for us, Liberal is the most balanced... We have (for main groups) in Canada...

Conservative --- Liberal --- NDP (New Democratic Party)

That is basically how they are arranged for us, but...

Anyway, I will think of some NPCs soon.

Quote :
For this reason I deleted your post.

I understand. Still though, couldn't we have kept the cow?

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:19 pm

For us, Liberals are killing our nation. They're far-left leaning radicals that believe that everyone should be forced into equality. They don't understand what realism is, and because of that and their unrealistic expectations, they are totally screwing us over. Uber Conservatism is just as bad as Uber Liberalism.

Basically, get too conservative, and you face stagnation, like Lemuria.
Get too liberal, and you try to more than is realistically possible, and you face catastrophic collapse.

It's got nothing to do with political party, and more to do with ideology. You need a balance of conservatism and liberalism, that way you get progress, but don't overstep your bounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NPCs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPCs!   NPCs! Empty

Back to top Go down

NPCs!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun Hacking :: Golden Sun Hacking Community: Community Hack-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com