Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Community Hack?

Go down 
+5
JamietheFlameUser
charleysdrpepper
Atrius
Zach
Charon the Ferryman
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Community Hack? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:23 pm

Lloyd FTW. But then again, I already have a ToS cameo: the Spinner weapon type.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:27 pm

Actually, a set of two swords as a unique weapon class would be awesome.

By spinner are you refering to Chakram? That's all that comes to mind :p

Also, Greaves would be interesting in a GS game XD

You know, cameos could be attacks as well. Something like, "Pow Hammer", "Hyper Beam" or "Objection" could all be interesting unleashes or rare psynergies.

Last edited by Charon the Ferryman on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Marta Lualdi's weapon, the Spinner, from ToS: DotNW. I have added them as a weapon type. The Offence Mage/Ranger character build gets them. Oh, and the name of one of the unleashes is a reference too: Righteous Roar is the name of Marta's Mystic Arte.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:33 pm

DAMN ME AND MY NOT HAVING OF A WII SYNDROME

I should make a cameo topic for us to vote on 10 cameos throughout the game, XD
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:36 pm

Actually, I have a Brawl/Pit reference as well: Angel Ring is another name I used for an unleash, and it has about the same effect too.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Oh cool. Anyway, the lycanthropes would be okay to have... But only maybe one or two (if any at all). As Role first stated, it should be one or the other, but it could be neat to have that one odd character if it is so desired.

Anyway, Role...

Quote :
If Isaac could use Spears, Long Swords, Light Blades, and Scythes
and Garet used Axes, Long Swords, Light Blades, and Maces

And you wanted to make Felix different from Isaac, but thought that Scythes fit him more than Maces due to his Anti-hero status, then you could give him Axes, Long Swords, Light Blades, and Scythes...
Which would leave piers with Spears, Long Swords, Light Blades, and Maces.

Where did Garet come from?

Have a nice day everyone!
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:48 pm

That wasn't nice Salanewt. You shouldn't be so mean to people! Especially Garet, he has feelings too! XD
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Charon the Ferryman wrote:
Say, can you make it so that you gradually gain a back party throughout the story, or is it 100% necessary to have it that they come all at once? That can really limit story ideas, unfortunately.

Theoretically, we should be able to add/remove party members at will with script editing.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:59 pm

That's nice to know, but then again: "The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is none."
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:27 pm

Ah, lol Jamie, lol...

Anyway, how was I being mean to Garet?

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Atrius wrote:
Charon the Ferryman wrote:
Say, can you make it so that you gradually gain a back party throughout the story, or is it 100% necessary to have it that they come all at once? That can really limit story ideas, unfortunately.

Theoretically, we should be able to add/remove party members at will with script editing.
I pretty much assumed as much - I was more worried about having 5-7 characters causing some kind of unforeseen issue.

By the way, Atrius, was that spritesheet of an original character or a cameo character? I couldn't recognize him XD
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Oh, did you say Spritesheet? Oh yes, I had forgotten about it... Perhaps...

Have a nice day.

Hm... So, when are we going to decide who gets to work in each section? Are we going to do a tally sort of thing where people just post what they want and the first person to suggest something gets it, or will it be a poll, or... ?

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Good point Role on the weapon balancing. I don't think we should worry about cameos till after we get the core of the game down. I think it story wise it make more sense to have your party grow gradually, but gameplay wise it makes more sense to have symmetry in the party and have four join later.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:49 pm

That does make sense, but the story could most likely be extended if each party member joins at a different time (comparing it to some of the characters that already exist, replacing Garet with Kraden...).

Lets say that once you have a full party of 4 (Felix, Jenna, Sheba, Piers), another person wants to join. Perhaps... Ivan. Well, it might be odd to have 5 members. If the game makes it so when the first party is defeated, it brings up the one member. That would be a bit strange. So, perhaps Kraden joins while the script that makes Ivan join is active. This way, you have an even party of 6, and then the next two can come later.

Besides, you basically start with three people, get one more, and then four more. You should be able to get characters separately. Perhaps a game that starts with only one person? A script then activates for when that person first dies (probably better to be a scripted battle). However, this script brings them to the nearest town, where there is someone else waiting...

And these are some ideas brought to you by Salanewt.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Ehic wrote:
Good point Role on the weapon balancing. I don't think we should worry about cameos till after we get the core of the game down. I think it story wise it make more sense to have your party grow gradually, but gameplay wise it makes more sense to have symmetry in the party and have four join later.

Yeah... if we mix in Lycan weapons, it'll get too difficult to find the right balance of things, unleess you make a corresponding Lycan weapon for every Human weapon. And to be honest, that's gonna take a LOT of work, and I REALLY don't wanna have to go though it.

It's best to keep things simple, yet effective, just like the original GS did it. That's why either All Humans or All Lycans... for PCs, that is.

Also, I think we should split the story into three parts -- Part one has one party, part two has the second party, and part three is when they meet up and join forces. Kind of like how Suikoden III did it, and in a similar example, GS2. UNLIKE GS2, though, I think they should still all have important roles, and that you should have a solid third of the game left (or, since Team 1 and Team 2's journeys occurred at the same time, the second HALF of the game.)
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Why can't Lycans use regular weapons? That solves the issue quite well - we don't need to stick to it's typical turf of basic claw slashing...
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:42 pm

IIRC, in Garoh it was established that that was their weapons of choice.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:03 pm

"of choice"

So basically, although they might choose to use their claws, they could use other things too, right?

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:04 pm

...But they probably WON'T.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Keep in mind that Charon's Lycanthrope-ish thing STARTED OUT AS A HUMAN and thus would be used to regular weaponry rather than feral weapons like claws.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Like I said, Lycanthropes are BORN AS SUCH. As such, she's not a lycan - she's a human with birdlike traits.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:09 am

Role's right, but still...

Role wrote:
IIRC, in Garoh it was established that that was their weapons of choice.
True but they also have other weapons sold.

BESIDES LYCANS ARE ONLY WOLVES FOR ONE FRIGGIN' NIGHT A MONTH EVEN GAROH ESTABLISHED THAT

Wouldn't that make Lycans look the same as people 99% of the time? Ugh, having Lycans is pointless, unless their full lupine homonoids. XP
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 am

I figured that it was one night a month that they couldn't change back. Other than that, I figure they could probably go in and out of lycan form at will. They normally choose not to because of how they were hunted in the past. After all, how do you think they got past Air's Rock?
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:36 pm

They can use Whirlwind even without being in wolf form. That is how they got past Air's Rock.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:56 pm

True - their wolf forms only become permanent when they learn Reveal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Community Hack?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun Hacking-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com