Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Community Hack?

Go down 
+5
JamietheFlameUser
charleysdrpepper
Atrius
Zach
Charon the Ferryman
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Community Hack? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Yeah, but I noticed that Maha can't transform back, even though everyone else can. Isn't that because he went to Air's Rock and learned Reveal? Doing so prevented him from being able to transform into human again.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Lol, I was just typing something along those lines...

"Charon the Fortune-seer"
Back to top Go down
squizzy44
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
squizzy44

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:31 am

i think we should just have one animal-like creature with certain abilitys all of it's own, like being able to transorm into the animals in gstla such as, turtle(lil' and big), cow, dog, chicken etc. while also being able to transorm into a lycanthrope. but, these abilitys would only be used for missions and other extra tasks.

because i am terrible at patchs and other stuff like that, i would like to say sorry in advance for not helping much. Community Hack? - Page 3 432557

ps.if this seems too complicated please tell me

Last edited by Charon the Ferryman on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged double post)
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:29 pm

That seems... kinda cliche, though. The token mascot creature? I dunno, the Djinni do a good enough job as that, right? We just need to make them more active in the story than just during the djinni tutorial. I think we should have one of each djinni act more openly as part of the story. Most likely, the tutorial djinn, as well as perhaps a djinn that comes with someone else, perhaps acting as a partner of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:20 pm

Yeah, but the partner thing almost reminds me of Pokemon games. Please don't ask me why, I do not know.

However, I like the idea that there are main character djinni. It will open up many more opportunities for plot.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Zach
Magician
Magician
Zach

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Salanewt wrote:
Yeah, but the partner thing almost reminds me of Pokemon games. Please don't ask me why, I do not know.

However, I like the idea that there are main character djinni. It will open up many more opportunities for plot.

Have a nice day.
It would be similar in a sense (especially since some of them do resemble pokemon o.O)
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:01 pm

I think Djinn were a tad of a marketing trick to attract those to the game, because they're cute and cuddlwy and adowable and... and... and...

I'm not too keen on having Main Character Djinn... because that sorta defeats the purpose of djinn... They're all about customization. Why make it so there's one that's forced on somebody?

unless I'm not thinking about it right. Meh.

Wait, are you suggesting they play a role in the plot?
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Yes, we are suggesting that we have Djinn that play a role in the plot, and in conversations, and suchlike.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:39 pm

Yeah, like Typhoon is in my story. You know snarky ol' Typhoon...

What I meant by 'partners' was stuff like the djinn Mia and Piers came with. In my story, Nina comes with one, whom takes part in the story. They're even more blast-happy than she is.
Back to top Go down
squizzy44
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
squizzy44

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:16 am

Who's Typhoon?
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 am

See: Golden Sun - Advent of the Betrayer

You can find it in the Creative Works section.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Hm... So, any guesses as to when we are starting the hack? If possible, can we please not make it near Christmas? I will not have all of the programs to help out then, and I really really want to help wiht this hack.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Most of the stuff, except for some of the mechanics and music, will not be available to us until we receive a new release of the editor.

Or... if we make Atrius do everything... muhahahaahahahaahahaaaa... but that's slightly mean. It's also against the 13th amendment.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:00 pm

13th Ammendment?

Anyway, I understand. I suppose this means that it will be some time after Christmas (which should work for many people, right?).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:04 pm

The 13th Amendment to the constitution of the United States abolished slavery.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Though, arguably, it's circumvented by the sale of credit. Because honestly, when you go in dept, the person you owe money to OWNS YOUR ARSE. It's just slavery of another sort.

Anywho, if we're gonna do this, we've got to keep in mind that it can't just be one person doing it. Sure, Atrius made the tools, but it's our job to use those tools to create this. We'll need a sprite artist, we'll need storyboard peeps, we need a group of people working on the scripts once the script editor is done, etc...
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:16 pm

I agree with that last statement though, but this is getting OT. Anyway yeah, I'm not great at any of those things, but I'll do work with the script editor at times. Honestly, scenes are going to be a hard part, because you have to take the scene to everyone and ask if they approve, or what their character would say in this situation, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Well, I don't see how it's too off topic. We need people to do certain things...

To a degree, I can see myself and Salanewt working as sprite artists, for example.
I'd work well on the storyboard team as well, though I'd prefer some teammates.
Atrius and Charon seem like capable programmers, from what I can see.

Basically, we've all got roles to fill... But who gets what roles?
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:26 pm

My niche is working with Music - Golden Sun's compression algos are right above my head. But the music is relatively easy to hack... heck, I could even add some more new instruments... :D

I like working in the creative niche and I'm decent at character design (of course, I'm usually adamant about that design, whether you like it or not... but flexible enough to change it after enough pestering, as in the Jupe thread XD), I would love to recompose the soundtrack for our hack (some will be remixes, others completely new) as well as helping with storyboard (but that's more of Role's niche).

Atrius is a much better programmer and computer guy than I really am - I use trial and error, he uses methods of finding his solution XD

Last edited by Charon the Ferryman on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:27 pm

No I meant the thing about debt and slavery was OT. Anyway, yeah who gets what roles is a big question. Also, Charon seems to be a good artist, even if not astounding at sprites, she could be good for things like environmental artist, which we could need one of, if the current tileset isn't satisfactory.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:28 pm

I think that I could work something up, if there were necessary palettes for them. Of course, we might just want to keep most of the areas the same simply because they're rather generic.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:30 pm

We'll probably end up using all four Lighthouses, and all four elemental Rocks, so those can stay the same, but we'll need technologically advanced areas for things like Charon's Alchemy Experiment labs... Which remind me of the Iselia Human Ranch in ToS: DotNW.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:37 pm

I'm probably going to make an edit of Babi Tower to appear more complete. It may not be as grand as he would like, but it's going to become the symbol of Lalivero, and a HUUUUUGE tourist attraction! Joy

What was once a symbol of oppression becomes a grand economic blessing! Oh, the irony! Joy
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:42 pm

JamietheFlameUser wrote:
We'll probably end up using all four Lighthouses, and all four elemental Rocks, so those can stay the same, but we'll need technologically advanced areas for things like Charon's Alchemy Experiment labs... Which remind me of the Iselia Human Ranch in ToS: DotNW.
I always imagined them to be far less machine-like and more cave like. A dark cave... with its innards lined with cells of animal experiments... with one giant one lurking in the darkness, looming overhead...

Passing him is imperative for obtaining an important item to continue the story, but upon killing it, the part comes to a horrible realization... the monster was not animal at all, but a young child that reacted horribly to the psynergy stones that he was fed...

That kind of aura I'm going for - a sad, yet eerie feel. I always thought the human ranches were kind of... like a weird technology haven (which they were, but it would not suit GS)

@Role - I like this idea, but would it just be a fun place, or would it be like a lighthouse with a hidden ancient secret? Like the tunnel ruins... maybe they could mean something...
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:48 pm

It would fit GS though, at least if it were done by the Anemos it would. And the human ranches ARE eerie, but at the same time they have awesome music.
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:54 pm

I believe the battle backgrounds all have their own 64 color palette.

I also enjoy doing artwork sometimes, I should do some to post here at some point. Not sure if anyone noticed this the first time I posted it, but this was an attempt of mine at creating Golden Sun style sprites:

Community Hack? - Page 3 Aram
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Hack?   Community Hack? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Community Hack?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun Hacking-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com