Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plot ideas

Go down 
+2
JamietheFlameUser
Charon the Ferryman
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:22 am

Here, we can develop a plot. It will be difficult if we do it together, but if you want, we can assign someone to write the plot after we pitch some ideas.

Depending on who's plot we like best, we'll chose him or her to write the storyline, but we can still give them other ideas for the plotline.

I'm tired so I'll post mine tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:40 am

Quote" JamietheFlameUser: My idea is that Alex decides to go to Anemos and "mind trick" the people there into following him, then redirect Alchemy to the moon so that his people can be all-powerful and conquer the people below"

That's my basic storyline idea. Also, while Alex is still trapped below the surface, he uses Saturos and Menardi as pawns.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:42 am

I think that the plot needs to be a community effort. I don't mind writing the alpha script, but we'll need to have a basic outline of where we want to take the story first.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 am

Considering that our plots would actually work well together, with the exception of certain ideas (PITCH THE IDEA THAT ALEX WAS AN ANEMOS LULZ), I don't think that we necessarily need only one writer...
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:56 am

Actually, that's why I suggested that the other writers of the forum get with me and work on this together.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 am

Hm... Okay, I have some ideas for mini-quest plots. This will work, right?

Lets say that in Imil (can be renamed for actual plot purposes), You are given a "Medicine Voucher" by one of the villagers because they are starting to get sick again.

Next, when you take the Medicine Voucher to Lemuria (can be renamed), the person that is supposed to give you the Medicine says that they are all out, so they want you to deliver an item while they wait for the Medicine to come in...

Several items later...

You return to Lemuria, and the doctor has the new shipment of Medicine. Now you take it back to Imil, and you get either a psynerygy bestowing item.

Does anyone like this idea? I removed most of the middle because it is basic enough, right? This is almost like changing the items for the trading mini-quest that is already in the game as well as extending it.

Perhaps this psynergy bestowing item can be used to help you get everything that is needed in the game (not by itself obviously)?

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Sorry for sounding like such a jerk, but actually it wasn't just MY idea, it was sort of a fusion between my idea and Charon's idea.

The general result of the idea that I posted is an Alchemy War, where at the start, both sides get the power of Alchemy, but Alex and the Anemos try to redirect it to the moon, while the people of Weyard end up having to try to redirect it to only themselves. The end result isn't just ONE small party doing all of this, all of Weyard is involved in this war.

Anemos objectives: Obtain all of Alchemy, capture Weyard.

Weyard objectives: Obtain all of Alchemy, discover why the Anemos are attacking, and kill the guy at the head of the attacks.

While all this is going on, a group, having to fight both sides along the way, sets out to destroy the lighthouses, believing that they are the cause of the problem.

This is somewhat my idea. It's also partially Charon's.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Cool idea. Anyway, I am not sure how I can add to the plot, but... Perhaps there is a third part that has to be fought as well? It is neat to see good vs. evil vs. neutral, but I think we should throw in another group or two.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:31 pm

I like the idea of an alchemy war, but think there should be some unknown bad guy pulling the string at the end.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Well, he is unknown at first, but then we can probably guess who it is anyway. Perhaps someone else is pulling the strings on Alex too?
Back to top Go down
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:44 pm

The unleash of alchemy should also unleash some monster, maybe controlled by alex?
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Yeah, I was also thinking that someone/something should maybe be pulling the strings on Alex, too.

Anyway, about Salanewt's comment on having more groups: There's a group of Adepts that is neutral, and tries to destroy the lighthouses, and another that is on Weyard's side and goes on a foray into Anemos territory, while fighting off the group that tries to destroy the Lighthouses.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:00 pm

To be honest... Alex plots alone are overdone. Even if we're gonna include Alex, we should also include something else - The Advent of Alchemic Abuse. You know, the thing that cause alchemy to be sealed up in the first place!
Back to top Go down
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:07 pm

I was just using Alex since everyone else was, but the alchemy war idea has alot of potential.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:11 pm

I'm probably gonna side more with the Alchemy War idea than the cookie-cutter Alex story. Plus, next thing you know, we may add a sidequest where you have to recruit 108 warriors to join your cause...

Or at least through in a shoutout like that. XP
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:13 pm

Alex could be the leader of the nation initiating the war, however, I don't think he should be the center of the plot. Personally I feel that the Anemos should play a larger role because they're the one's with the technology. I also think that because of the war, there are horrible experiments conducted on human vitality and similar things that erupts in an explosion of monster populations.
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Instead of doing a sequel that potentially contradicts majorly with Golden Sun DS's story, it may be safer to do a prequel based when Alchemy was originally sealed.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:15 pm

I dunno, depends on how you approach it. I subscribe to the theory that the Anemos are largely responsible for the sealing of alchemy in the first place, so they may actually become huge ALLIES for the heroes, assisting them in their efforts to put an end to the abuse of alchemy before it gets too far out of hand and has to be sealed again.

Edit: If we go far enough into the future we should be safe, without having to worry about GSDS for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: I   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:20 pm

I actually agree with Role on this one. The Anemos in the past could have been responsible for locking up alchemy, but farther in the future, corruption in such a profound civilization is bound to occur...

This also solves the Alex Problem.

Plot ideas 948524 Wait... What?!
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:20 pm

So... Alex = Anemos Pawn?
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Sure, why not? He could think that he's getting something from it when in reality Anemos is reaping the real benefits of his labour...

Alex is the sort of fool who believes he can manipulate everyone, but it's this very arrogance that brings forth his downfall.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Oh, nice twist. Most people make him the big bad, but if we just make him some mid-boss guy...
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:50 pm

I was thinking...

If we keep the Whirlwind Stone, I think that the way that it transports the party to the moon is that it has a summon named Ziz (a giant bird like creature) kept inside, but in a special event, Ziz is released and lifts their Lemurian ship into the sky...

After this event, Ziz could be used in battle... but I'm not entirely sure of the details.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:15 am

I was already mentioning having someone pulling Alex's strings. In my idea, Alex is the second nastiest guy, and someone else is pulling the strings higher up. I also already said I agreed with Charon's experiments idea. So far, we have:

An Alchemy war started by Alex.

Someone else who starts pulling the strings higher up.

Strange and generally creepy alchemy experiments being performed on people. (Somehow this reminds me of the ToS thingy with the Exspheres. Lulz.)
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:22 am

There's no way he's second. He's probably a higher up, but nowhere near the top dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plot ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Plot ideas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Golden Sun Hacking Community :: Hackers Corner :: Golden Sun Hacking :: Golden Sun Hacking Community: Community Hack-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com