Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plot ideas

Go down 
+2
JamietheFlameUser
Charon the Ferryman
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

Plot ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:22 am

I'm not too keen with a whirlwind stone doing it... The entrance to the final dungeon should be done via a teleport pattern.

The Whirlwind stone? It's just a common Psynergy Tool, like the Douse Drop. Heck, in my story, Kari gets it as she leaves her home (instead of the catch beads).

Also, if Alex is a pawn, he's near the bottom. They just lead him to believe otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:23 am

Hrm...

But still, it would be interesting if such a creature existed in such a small object. It would be like you have Charon with you through the whole adventure, but you don't realize he's right under your nose until the very end...

Plot ideas - Page 2 181285

Last edited by Charon the Ferryman on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 am

...Creature? Elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:26 am

Plot ideas - Page 2 335988

As in a summon.

In my variation of the Whirlwind Stone (which could be applied to yours as well), it seems like an ordinary stone, but with an extraordinary amount of power. Imagine if a powerful summon were locked within, and since the Anemos blocked off transport to their moon except for a very select few, riding such a summon would be the only way to access it, because of it's pure power.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:28 am

Ok, but he's still the one who started it. In fact, I'd like a plot twist where it SEEMS like the Anemos decide they can profit too, but then something even BIGGER is pulling a Tabuu and manipulating ALL of them, probably by mind controlling the higher rank people.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:28 am

I've got it! We can call the guy pulling everyone's strings Amabo! *gets shot*
Back to top Go down
Ehic
Magician
Magician
Ehic

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:29 pm

So how should party members be related story wise?
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:00 pm

That's the problem, is that we don't know until we vote for which characters to use.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Hm...

I like the idea of Alex being a pawn, but if comparing him to a game of Chess... I would say that the Anemos are the pawns, and he is like a Bishop or a Rook or something... One of those pieces that can use good moves and do good things, but are not the reason why you lose if they are defeated.

Pawns are kind of the lowest level. If someone is controlling Alex to convince the Anemos, then wouldn't that make the Anemos the smallest?

Anyway, enough comparing for now, when can we expect the poll?

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:18 pm

Ehic wrote:
So how should party members be related story wise?
We can use buffer adepts, which their storyline still applies no matter who is selected.

Salanewt - I don't understand what could possibly be over the Anemos, because they're as high as they get... unless you plan on adding aliens or something =_=
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 4:35 pm

I was thinking that there's SOMETHING pulling the strings. Something nasty and evil, and probably rather Tabuu-ish.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Tabuu as in the the guy pulling the strings in Brawl?

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Yeah, and he was literally "pulling the strings". Did you see the scene with Master Hand?
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Something? Doesn't malicious politcal agenda and corruption count as something? :p
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:45 pm

No, if we include Alex, he should just be a pawn. The Anemos would be the Rooks, Bishops, and Knights. Then we have the head guy and their #1/most trusted officer being the king and queen.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Well, I was referring to the Anemos's Politicians... but sure...

What if the majority of the Anemos understand very little... but since its a dictatorship they are forced to believe and work for the government?
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:49 pm

I was replying to the other guys, saying that Alex is more than a Pawn. But I'm tired of him being a big bad... he's ALWAYS a big bad... If he's the one being manipulated, though, that makes him the pawn...

A great way to do this? If they found a way to steal the power of the golden sun from him. He was simply used to become a vessel that contained the power. After he got it, they planned all along to take it from him.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:23 pm

But I was thinking that the basic citizenry of the Anemos are fairly innocent, but Alex convinced them to wage war on Weyard. And as for Role's idea: Meanwhile, the politicians and higher-ups had already planned to start a war once they had the power of the Golden Sun. All Alex does is start the war early.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:45 pm

So, for the very few people who are not fully sure what you are talking about, I am going to summarize.

So we have two or three basic ideas for the main bad guys, right?

Lets say... "Ganondorf" is the top leader of the Anemos side (the one controlling the Anemos and Alex). I want to say right now that it is NOT Ganondorf (unless you all think that is should be (lol)), but this is just an example of a really evil person who would try to control or influence other people, and pretty much everyone here should know who that is (I think we was also being the puppeteer in Twilight Princess for that Retarded Zant, right?).

Okay, you have "Ganondorf" controlling the Anemos, who are also controlling Alex (the government of the Anemos is, the citizens are mostly innocent, but clueless). However, I have an idea to add to this...

You have "Ganondorf" agreeing with the Anemos to help them get Alchemy, but he has full access to it (and they get partial, but plenty of access). In exchange for this, Ganondorf will let them live, but they must worship him. The Anemos have not been to the mainland for a while, so they need some pawns. With "Ganondorf's" help, they trick Alex into being their "leader" (who does not know that he is actually a pawn, despite him also having the idea). Alex knows a lot more of main Weyard, so he works on channeling Alchemy and the Golden Sun to the Anemos for them.

So, how do you all like my thoughts to add to this. I know that Ganondorf is not the name to be used, but I think we all know who he is, right (a few of know who these other comparison names are, but not as many of us know them as we do Ganondorf)?

I would have said Bowser, but there is no way that he is comparable to someone pulling all of the strings (other than in Mario games, but it is his fault for having weak minions).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Well, Amabo (whom I will call him instead of Ganondorf) would have used propaganda to manipulate the masses into not thinking such atrocities were bad. They'd believe it was necessary, for the own good for the fools whom reawakened alchemy after they, they Anemos, sacrificed so much in order to seal it. Sure, they're being manipulated too, but unlike Alex, they're 'pureblood' Anemos, so they're allowed to know more and take a more important role. Alex, on the other hand, would be manipulated to the point that he doesn't know hardly a thing.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Alex thinks he's got it made, but he's really foolin' himself XD

I think he's like a general for the pawns on Weyard, but still below even the lowest of the Anemos.

I was thinking - it's commonly regarded that the Anemos sealed alchemy. Could their intent be that the other people of Weyard were tapping into alchemy, and they needed a way to stop it before they could overthrow them? It could be possible that small bits of Alchemy come from the outer reaches, beyond Weyard and from outer force (which would explain why the planet isn't just crumbling away quickly but is being held together by a mysterious force). Maybe the Anemos know how to hone this extraterrestrial alchemy energy, but still a small amount reaches Weyard and slows its self destruction.

This way, the Anemos could still rule for a while, and the lack of alchemy could be a punishment to Weyard for trying to tap into its power.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:06 pm

I always wonder why everyone wants the Anemos to be evil. Why can't it just be politicians? Maybe Conservato is secretly working with the Anemos government to take over Weyard. That would be somewhat random. It also gives hidden meaning to Briggs' statement when he escapes.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Anybody with a right mind knows that some politicians get corrupt... and when it's higher up the ladder, the worse it gets.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Actually, it's not commonly regarded that they sealed alchemy... it's that they're the moon. It's my theory that since the moon is seen as the opposite of the sun - the sun symbolizing alchemy - that it may be more than just night and day - the Anemos, generally seen as the moon, may be the ones that are responsible for it, and as such, Luna would symbolize not alchemy, but rather the seal upon/absence of alchemy.

Makes me wonder, though... Lycans were made stronger by the moon... perhaps they were evolving in a way that they could have strength even without the aid of alchemy? You know, given Golden Sun's apparent symbolism...
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Role... this has been bugging me for a while... what exactly is your definition of Lycans? I first thought they were werewolves (referring to the word Lupine), then I thought they were were-animals, then you use it in a way that they don't need to change, but then you do... >_>

I always thought that the reason why Garoh's citizens changed was because of some trait they inherited that made them change by the exposure of the light of the moon.

Since Weyard is flat and Sol goes underneath it during nighttime, there's no way it can effect the moon. I think that the reason why the moon lights up is because of the Anemos's advanced technology, a sort of by-product of their activity, and this light, since generated artificially, is slightly different than the natural light of Sol, thus affects the human body differently.

This means the people of Garoh are actually suffering from a genetic disorder (actually it's quite useful on an evolutionary scale) gained by their people over time which makes their bodies react differently due to exposure of this artificial light.

Woah, I just explained why werewolves exist on a flat planet. Charon... let's go back to reality now... *hits self with book*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plot ideas   Plot ideas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plot ideas
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next