Golden Sun Hacking Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small community of people who enjoy tinkering with the code in the Golden Sun games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Featured HacksFeatured Hacks  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jupiter Adepts!

Go down 
+2
Salanewt
JamietheFlameUser
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Yes, the Rito race from Zelda, I think this piece of fan art could serve as a particularly good reference

Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 New_Zelda_Medli__PLEASE_VIEW__by_Sage_of_Winds

Usually their "wings" appear to cover the whole upper arm, instead of just having feathers hanging off their arms.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:23 pm

Oh yeah, I remember the Ritos from Wind Waker. I kind of thought that they were a bit strange looking, but this might just be because of the cartoony graphics. I do like the idea...

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Yeah. Another way you can do it is to do the whole "Angel" approach - give the person wings. Other traits could include claw-like fingernails and, though it won't appear in the pic - hollow bones. She could easily qualify as an Ivan-like character as such - High speed, low defense.

However... if you do it like the Rito from Zelda, it COULD also serve as a shout out, if you're interested. Happy

Last edited by Role on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Because she's not an angel :p

I really dislike that concept though, I was never fond of people having tails and kitty ears... it always made me feel like the creator couldn't come up with any better. The basic design of angels have always irked me in this way. Claws... well, she's a rather docile character so it might be better to have claws on her feet, simply because claws for hands is rather intimidating, although if she had claws this could be an interesting influence on her relationship with others. Hollow bones is actually pretty good though. Her class list also suggests she's more avian anyway... she is, although anatomically human, more bird-like.

The Ritos are a possible idea, but I feel slightly uncomfortable with simply taking a race and basically copying it... they remind me of Icarus though, so we could use a possible reference somewhere (because of Daedalus)... thing is though, she was once fully human... and now is only human in mind and basic anatomy... (and hands lol)

Lol, I just remembered she has HUGE bewbs. Like, almost fanservice big... almost MIA BIG D:
Back to top Go down
Atrius
Admin
Admin
Atrius

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:32 pm

Charon the Ferryman wrote:
....she is, although anatomically human, more bird-like.

The Ritos are a possible idea, but I feel slightly uncomfortable with simply taking a race and basically copying it. ...

The Rito's are essentially birds with strong human anatomical features, so they're basically what you want. There's no shame in using them as a reference at least since you're going to end up with something similar no matter how you do it.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:34 pm

Alright then... I'll see what kind of redesign I can do.

PEOPLE DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR CHARACTER'S PICTURES AS WELL! Even if you think they look terrible we can at least see how you want your character to look :3
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Charon the Ferryman wrote:

Lol, I just remembered she has HUGE bewbs. Like, almost fanservice big... almost MIA BIG D:
Mia has boobs? It's hard to tell with that outfit of hers...

And don't worry, I've posted my characters. If I can score an artist, I can get someone to draw them, but I can't do it myself (I suck at anything but icon-type sprite art and sprite recolors... Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Yeah, I thought that Jenna had larger baggage than Mia. However, I know of a character from Mario and Luigi, who looks like 15% of her is composed of what she carries...

Anyway, enough about breasts (especially before anyone looks or acts like a pervert), I suppose I can have my sketch/sprites soon. By the way, sprites use 16 colours, one transparent as well, right? I am not bad at making sprites, but most of them are pretty basic (more suitable for Super Mario World, in my opinion). I can try to make them a bit different for Golden Sun.

Now, what was I going to say?

Hm...

Hm...

Hm...

I have completely forgotten. I think I have said it already.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Speaking of characters, I can't draw for the life of me either. I can't even draw a good enough stick figure! For my Mars Adept, think somewhere between Jenna [Pic] and Marta Lualdi from ToS:DotNW [Pic].
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:24 pm

If I get a chance, then I suppose I could draw it for you, but I do not know when I can find the time (possibly some time soon, if I can get my scanner to work).

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Here's a quick, 15 minute sketch of the refined Mica.
Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 Quicki10

I'll post a better one tomorrow.

(hrm, her face is supposed to be peach, but it looks white. Dammit)
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:43 pm

It looks okay. I'd like her when you take your time.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Thanks. I currently don't have access to a scanner at the moment, so GIMP will have to do >_>
Back to top Go down
squizzy44
Wind Seer
Wind Seer
squizzy44

PostSubject: what about the others   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 am

JamietheFlameUser wrote:
Put your Jupiter Adept character ideas here! Then you'll get to vote for your 2 favourites to be put in the Community Hack!

where would we be able to put our ideas for other types of adepts in?
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:41 am

...Can I facepalm now? Because... you know... there's a thread for each element? And because if they'd LOOK they'd see it?
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Oh yeah, for Samantha's portrait sprite (I figure that I should go with one of these), I am going to base it on some of the portraits that are already in the game. By the way, does anyone know where I can find Akafubu's portrait (for the afro), Feizhi's portrait (face), and... Well, an entire list would be nice, so I can make some for my other characters as well. Please?

Have a nice day.

If there is not a list, then I shall work on making one that everyone else can use.
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Yes, Role, permission granted to facepalm in my topic. XD
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:40 pm

Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 Out10
I'll edit this once I get the coloured version up. I know it sounds exceptionally lazy of me, but I'm downright exhausted at the moment, so colour shall have to wait. But it really isn't that much different than the quicksketch's from last night...
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:43 pm

I like this... a LOT. Great work, Charon! You say it's not much different from the quicksketch? Who are you kidding? This is a lot better!
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:46 pm

Nice, I like that one a lot better than the first one. Especially since she still seems to be human in origin. Of course, now I need to find me an artist... :x

After all, even if my characters aren't gonna be used in the community hack, they're STILL gonna be used in MY hack.

*runs off to DeviantArt*
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:49 pm

Jamie - No, I meant the colours won't be that different. The quicksketch was intended for me to formulate my ideas, and I posted it so people could have a thin idea of where I was going with it before I actually full out drew this.

Role - Great. I'll get a coloured version up (via replacing post, so watch out for it) ASAP. Also, I can't wait for you to share your character designs.

((on another note, upon further inspection, it may be not that bad of an idea to get an artist to draw the character for you after all...))
Back to top Go down
JamietheFlameUser
Veteran
Veteran
JamietheFlameUser

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:47 am

Honestly, as for colouration, I'd give her a gold-/silver-/purple-trimmed white dress instead of all colourful, and I'd make her wings be the colourful part, almost like Dyna Blade or Ho-oh. But that's just me.

Edit: When and where did she learn to pose so well with wings? XD

Last edited by JamietheFlameUser on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Role
Magister
Magister
Role

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:10 pm

I've commissioned Kari. I'll have her up as soon as the artist and I finalize it. That may take up to a month, though. Or longer, though if longer, I may not be too keen on using this artist anymore.
Back to top Go down
Salanewt
Veteran
Veteran
Salanewt

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Oh yeah! I still have to make a basic sketch/drawing of my character... I will do that soon, but I am having a lot of fun making these location sprites.

By the way, Charon... Lovely drawing.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Charon the Ferryman
Admin
Admin
Charon the Ferryman

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Stop talking about it and get on with it >_>

Spoiler:

Also got a new, albeit less detailed, playable Jupe. Huzzah!

Playable character

Name: Josef
Build: Warrior
Base Class: Fallen - Mortal - Legend - Saviour - Seraph
Age: 349 (he and his father's brother's families drank a limited "elixir of life", which a single bottle extends life thousands of years. The Anemos discovered this technology from the Lemurians and perfected it.)
Appearance: Clicky Clicky!!
Equipment: Anything Garet can equip.
Short Bio: A young Anemos boy that fell to Weyard. He has a deformed wing on his back that he claims was attained through a genetic disorder caused by a limited genepool among his people. He is blind, but uses a weakened form of Reveal to view the world - however, this makes it impossible for him to learn how to read. He claims that his uncle is responsible for the human experiments in the dark caves near Psynergy Stone mines.

Location: Josef is located within a place called "Mikasalla Cavern", which is one of the places being used for psynergy stone experiments.

*Note: it is revealed later that Josef is the nephew of the main villain, and is hesitant to kill him. Also, he lied about the origins of his blindness and wing, which actually came about because of a procedure acted on him by his Uncle.

Last edited by Charon the Ferryman on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jupiter Adepts!   Jupiter Adepts! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jupiter Adepts!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next